Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Effective way to screen for share prices bottoming and plateauing?

Reading price charts which may give you direction in the market using established TA methodology
shauniekent

Effective way to screen for share prices bottoming and plateauing?

Postby shauniekent » April 7th, 2017, 11:57 am

Can anyone help me – I would like to screen the market for companies that are making a base – possibly at 1/3/5 yr lows.
Ideally they’d have been hovering around the same price without much movement for between 1-3 months.
An example would be Crawshaws before the recent rally.
Is there software or something that helps screen for what I’m after? I suppose I could screen for 3 month share price movement to be less than 10% and 1 yr share price movement -25% or more.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Shaun

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Re: Effective way to screen for share prices bottoming and plateauing?

Postby mc2fool » April 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm

shauniekent wrote:Can anyone help me – I would like to screen the market for companies that are making a base – possibly at 1/3/5 yr lows.
Ideally they’d have been hovering around the same price without much movement for between 1-3 months.
Is there software or something that helps screen for what I’m after?

You could look at the Digital Look Stock Screener, it allows you to filter by minimum & maximum Price Rise/Fall over any combination of today, 1 week, 1, 3 & 6 months, and 1, 2, 3 & 5 years, and Price Within x% of 52 Wk High/Low.

You may have to register an account to use it (I have one and am auto-logged in and can't be bothered to log out to check...), but it's free and you don't get any spam.

I suppose I could screen for 3 month share price movement to be less than 10% and 1 yr share price movement -25% or more.

Gives 65 companies (inc. Crawshaws).

Moderator Message:
not really a strategy question so moving to Technical analysis, more likely to get answers there. Raptor.

bulltraderpt
Lemon Slice

Postby bulltraderpt » July 22nd, 2017, 5:20 am

shauniekent wrote:Can anyone help me – I would like to screen the market for companies that are making a base – possibly at 1/3/5 yr lows.
Is there software or something that helps screen for what I’m after? I suppose I could screen for 3 month share price movement to be less than 10% and 1 yr share price movement -25% or more.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Shaun

I wish I could help you as it is something which I have tried to discover. If you look at the software packages available for US customers they do seem to be better served than UK ones but that's perhaps because of the size of their markets and lack of interest in general amongst the UK population in comparison.

You could try Advfn.com which does have a screener.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Postby GoSeigen » July 22nd, 2017, 8:43 am

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,
Shaun

IG Index have a programmable platform ProRealTime that will allow you to do this. It's free of charge if you trade frequently enough.

GS

Return to “Technical Analysis”