Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to niord,gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa, for Donating to support the site

Bluefield Solar Income

Closed-end funds and OEICs
daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bluefield Solar Income

Postby daveh » April 5th, 2022, 8:44 am

richfool wrote:I already hold GSF, along with GRID, and I wouldn't be against topping up, but I don't know how the Primary Bid setup works. Though I suppose I could top up in the market place through my broker, if the SP falls enough while the capital raising at a discount is taking place.

I also currently hold: BSIF, NESF and JLEN.

I hold TRIG and now GSF. TRIG also regularly raises more cash to buy new assets with share "placings" of various kinds. I much prefer when it's done as an open offer where I get the right to buy x shares per share already owned and it appears as a corporate action with my broker(s). Then I can buy in my ISA*. If the share sale is a placing with the PI bit done via Primary Bid as far as I can see that means you can't buy them in your ISA ( you'd have to to a bed and ISA afterwards?) I've not bothered with Primary Bid so far. At least with these Renewable energy trusts the price does tend to fall back towards the offer price so you can buy in the market at close to the price of the placing.

* the only problem I have had here is that only one of my ISAs is receiving new money so when the open offer is made I can only take it up if there are enough accumulated dividends (or sell something to raise cash in the ISA). The last TRIG open offer I tried to buy more than the x shares per share owned in the ISA I could put money in to cover the ones I couldn't buy in the other ISA, but didn't get any of the extra shares as the offer was so heavily over subscribed.

daveh
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bluefield Solar Income

Postby daveh » April 5th, 2022, 9:18 am

And now that I've bought them my broker has just sent me a corporate action notice to say I can buy them in the placing. So it is possible if I had looked through the II web site I may have been able to but them in the placing rather than on the market and saved myself ~1% on the purchase price.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”