Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

HY IT

Closed-end funds and OEICs
monabri
Lemon Half

Re: HY IT

Postby monabri » June 20th, 2018, 11:27 am

vrdiver wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:I find that most tables in HTML can be downloaded into Notepad, then copied to a spreadsheet and then recreated by Text to Columns. Column separators are usually tabs, as I recall.

TJH

I was hoping to avoid the legwork (there are 24 pages of data before applying filters) but yes, it's possible to grab the data from the screen(s).

Alternatively, I could get off my backside and work out how to do it properly with a bit of VBA...

VRD

I faffed around this morning trying to download the data into Excel in one hit - the interactive statistic pages displays all the ITs on one page.

I tried the usual cut & paste/unicode data/ text to columns but this didn't work...

So, i decided to contact the AIC (*) and ask them if they could introduce the facility (perhaps write out the data in a .CSV file).

(*) waves white flag

tjh290633
Lemon Half

Postby tjh290633 » June 20th, 2018, 11:54 am

monabri wrote:
vrdiver wrote:
tjh290633 wrote:I find that most tables in HTML can be downloaded into Notepad, then copied to a spreadsheet and then recreated by Text to Columns. Column separators are usually tabs, as I recall.

TJH

I was hoping to avoid the legwork (there are 24 pages of data before applying filters) but yes, it's possible to grab the data from the screen(s).

Alternatively, I could get off my backside and work out how to do it properly with a bit of VBA...

VRD

I faffed around this morning trying to download the data into Excel in one hit - the interactive statistic pages displays all the ITs on one page.

I tried the usual cut & paste/unicode data/ text to columns but this didn't work...

So, i decided to contact the AIC (*) and ask them if they could introduce the facility (perhaps write out the data in a .CSV file).

(*) waves white flag

You cannot do it direct to Excel. You have to go via Notepad to strip out the unwanted HTML code.

BTDTGTTS.

TJH

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » June 20th, 2018, 1:03 pm

monabri wrote:So, i decided to contact the AIC (*) and ask them if they could introduce the facility (perhaps write out the data in a .CSV file).

(*) waves white flag

reply received from the AIC.

" It is not possible any more I am afraid due to data licensing restrictions. You do still have functionality to filter and sort for data. You can use the “Find & Compare” “Interactive Statistics” or “Analyse Investment Companies” to this end."

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 20th, 2018, 1:35 pm

monabri wrote:I faffed around this morning trying to download the data into Excel in one hit - the interactive statistic pages displays all the ITs on one page.

On the Interactive Statistics page click on Save / Print and then on Enable Print Mode.

Then click down just before the "C" of the Company Name heading and drag right and down to select the entire table. Copy that and paste directly into Excel.

vrdiver
Lemon Quarter

Postby vrdiver » June 20th, 2018, 1:40 pm

mc2fool wrote:On the Interactive Statistics page click on Save / Print and then on Enable Print Mode.

Then click down just before the "C" of the Company Name heading and drag right and down to select the entire table. Copy that and paste directly into Excel.

That worked a treat for me - thanks.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » June 20th, 2018, 1:54 pm

monabri wrote:
reply received from the AIC.
" It is not possible any more I am afraid due to data licensing restrictions. You do still have functionality to filter and sort for data. You can use the “Find & Compare” “Interactive Statistics” or “Analyse Investment Companies” to this end."

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”