Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Corporate Action - Dunedin Smaller Co's (DNDL)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
OLTB
Lemon Quarter

Corporate Action - Dunedin Smaller Co's (DNDL)

Postby OLTB » June 21st, 2018, 8:59 am

Morning all

The above IT is in my portfolio as it's part of the John Baron 'Summer' portfolio. There has been a corporate action announced here https://www.investegate.co.uk/article.a ... 700040617S that states the intention for DNDL to merge with Standard Life UK Smaller Companies IT.

DNDL is up just over 10% on this news which, I think reading from the announcement, is a reduction in the discount to be closer to where the Standard Life IT is currently at.

Cheers, OLTB.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Corporate Action - Dunedin Smaller Co's (DNDL)

Postby richfool » June 21st, 2018, 7:16 pm

OLTB wrote:Morning all

The above IT is in my portfolio as it's part of the John Baron 'Summer' portfolio. There has been a corporate action announced here https://www.investegate.co.uk/article.a ... 700040617S that states the intention for DNDL to merge with Standard Life UK Smaller Companies IT.

DNDL is up just over 10% on this news which, I think reading from the announcement, is a reduction in the discount to be closer to where the Standard Life IT is currently at.

Cheers, OLTB.

Thanks for the heads up OLTB.

As a holder of SLS, I am not sure whether I should be pleased about this or not. SLS has been the better performer and its SP is down 2p (0.39%), which maybe suggests not.

I note that DNDL is a much smaller trust and has a slightly higher yield than SLS. I assume there would be some economies of scale upon completion of the action.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”