Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Longest serving IT managers

Closed-end funds and OEICs
forrado
2 Lemon pips

Longest serving IT managers

Postby forrado » July 3rd, 2018, 1:52 pm

The AIC have put together what I think is a handy list for the DIY investor of named investment trust managers who have been in place for 10 years or more at …
https://www.theaic.co.uk/aic/news/press-releases/longest-serving-managers

50% of AIC member investment companies have managers who have been at the same IT for 10 years or more. While 23% have managers who have been in place for 20 plus years.

Because is it not the responsibility of investors to carry out as much due diligence as possible before parting with their funds. In the case of the IT investor this means forming an opinion as to the reliability of the person being tasked with investing such funds. While I’m always on the watch for promising young fund managers looking to make their mark, I preferably want long servers running the bulk of my money.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Longest serving IT managers

Postby Dod101 » July 3rd, 2018, 2:06 pm

forrado wrote:Because is it not the responsibility of investors to carry out as much due diligence as possible before parting with their funds .

Since this sentence starts with a conjunction, I assume that there is a bit missing and it may make more sense if you tell us what it is.

On the main point though, that is an interesting list and I guess if managers are surviving longer than say 10 years they must be doing something right

Dod

OhNoNotimAgain
Lemon Slice

Re: Longest serving IT managers

Postby OhNoNotimAgain » July 3rd, 2018, 2:07 pm

It is hard enought to measure the amount of alpha, the excess return, a manager generates in a simple fund. IT's make the process more complex because of changes in the discount and the amount of gearing they deploy.

A better measure is the Information Ratio which allows for the additional risk incurred to generate the return.

That would be a more meaningful measure than years spent at the desk.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”