Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Digital 9 Infrastructure (DGI9)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Antonyfool

Postby Antonyfool » September 28th, 2023, 2:19 pm

Big drop in share price today (>30%) on concerns over debt and associated cancellation of its dividend .

It was tipped recently in both the FT and ST ( with caveats) as a play to access the picks and shovels of the digital growth migration narrative,.

I was so tempted to buy some as I believe in the story but after doing some research my gut feel stopped me from doing so.

Bullet dodged and just shows that we should all do our own research and a valuable lesson.

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Re: Digital 9 Infrastructure (DGI9)

Postby UncleEbenezer » September 28th, 2023, 4:03 pm

Antonyfool wrote:Digital 9 Infrastructure (DGI9)

Big drop in share price today (>30%) on concerns over debt and associated cancellation of its dividend .

It was tipped recently in both the FT and ST ( with caveats) as a play to access the picks and shovels of the digital growth migration narrative,.

I was so tempted to buy some as I believe in the story but after doing some research my gut feel stopped me from doing so.

Bullet dodged and just shows that we should all do our own research and a valuable lesson.

Not familiar with that. And I should be, as its area of investment you describe happens to my core professional field ...

When was it tipped? Is there a non-paywalled link?

AndrewInDevon
Lemon Pip

Re: Digital 9 Infrastructure (DGI9)

Postby AndrewInDevon » January 29th, 2024, 12:23 pm

D9 has decided to wind itself up.

This is an interesting lesson as I’ve seen a number of favourable views on D9, then the share price bombed following a management team issue…and now the board have decided to wind itself up.

Caveat emptor!

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/ ... id=1783402

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”