Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

ii Super 60 Investment Portfolio

Closed-end funds and OEICs
terminal7
Lemon Quarter

ii Super 60 Investment Portfolio

Postby terminal7 » January 24th, 2024, 11:25 am

Not sure whether any Fools take notice of the above and similar on other platforms - but thought that ii's latest update issues today made interesting reading - the following are the 'removals:

Removal of Man GLG Continental European Growth Fund
Removal of Artemis Smart GARP Global Equity Fund
Removal of Murray International Trust
Removal of Morgan Stanley Global Brands Equity Income Fund
Removal of Lindsell Train Japanese Equity Fund
Removal of Fidelity Multi Asset Income Fund
Removal of Royal London Sterling Extra Yield Bond Fund
Removal of Rathbone Ethical Bond Fund
Removal of GAM Star Credit Opportunities Fund
Removal of Jupiter UK Special Situations Fund

Reasons are given for the removals - but too long to include them all here unless someone doesn't have access and is interested. Also can give the 'new' replacements if anyone interested.

Any views?

T7

Disclosure - I have ditched LT Japanese Equity mid last year whilst still retain Royal London Sterling Extra Yield Bond

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: ii Super 60 Investment Portfolio

Postby richfool » January 24th, 2024, 12:02 pm

Surprised to see MYI on the list. I suppose they may be hedging their bets or being cautious due to manager Bruce Stout leaving this year. The others (presumably OEICS) I don't know or have any interest in.

EthicsGradient
Lemon Slice

Postby EthicsGradient » January 24th, 2024, 1:32 pm

richfool wrote:Surprised to see MYI on the list. I suppose they may be hedging their bets or being cautious due to manager Bruce Stout leaving this year. The others (presumably OEICS) I don't know or have any interest in.

Their reasoning for that one was
"The fund was placed under review on 12th September 2023 on the basis of the news that Bruce Stout has announced that he will retire from the management of Murray International in June 2024 ... we have reduced conviction levels in the longer-term outlook and feel stronger other options are available."

Of the ones listed, the only one I hold is Rathbone Ethical Bond Fund, for which they said, in full,

"Following the Annual Review of the Super 60 fund list we are removing the Rathbone Ethical Bond fund. We are removing this fund from the Super 60 list as it features on our dedicated sustainable list, the ACE 40."
So it seems more about how they list things than any problem with it (it has been in the top or 2nd quartile in its Morningstar ranking for each of the last 5 years).

AndrewInDevon
Lemon Pip

Postby AndrewInDevon » January 27th, 2024, 1:45 pm

I will be holding on to Royal London Sterling Extra Yield, and adding to it.

I take some comfort that they have removed Murray International, not that I know anything about the fund, but as an Abrdn fund, ie the owner of ii, it indicates a degree of independence when promoting the Super60, especially as Abrdn appear to be struggling with its fund management. So for me, such a change is indicative of the Super60 credibility.

On the other hand I puzzle over some items. For example it’s Japanese index tracker is HSBC Japan Index fund, which tracks the FTSE Japan index with an OGC of 0.14%. Yet iShares Japan Equity Index fund tracks the same index with an OGC of 0.08%.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”