Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

JETI question

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Raptor
Lemon Quarter

JETI question

Postby Raptor » January 19th, 2019, 8:42 am

Shareholders of the JPMorgan European Investment Trust plc Growth or Income Shares have the opportunity to convert some or all of their Shares into the other Share Class. The effective date for the Share Conversion is Friday 15 March 2019.

Received the above from HL. Have done a check on JPMorgans web-site and cannot see anything about this. Before I give HL a call next week has anyone else received this or any information that will help on this announcement.

Raptor.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: JETI question

Postby richfool » January 19th, 2019, 9:23 am

Raptor wrote:
Shareholders of the JPMorgan European Investment Trust plc Growth or Income Shares have the opportunity to convert some or all of their Shares into the other Share Class. The effective date for the Share Conversion is Friday 15 March 2019.

Received the above from HL. Have done a check on JPMorgans web-site and cannot see anything about this. Before I give HL a call next week has anyone else received this or any information that will help on this announcement.

Raptor.

Raptor, There is a European growth trust (JETG) and a European income trust (JETI), run by the same Managers, and yes, on a quarterly basis, you are allowed to transfer from one to the other without incurring a taxable activity:

https://citywire.co.uk/funds_insider/in ... ePeriod=12

https://citywire.co.uk/funds_insider/in ... undID=3024

https://citywire.co.uk/funds_insider/in ... undID=3023

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » January 19th, 2019, 12:40 pm

richfool wrote:Raptor, There is a European growth trust (JETG) and a European income trust (JETI), run by the same Managers, and yes, on a quarterly basis, you are allowed to transfer from one to the other without incurring a taxable activity:

Much appreciated. Have only held them for a short period. I knew there were the 2 IT's, just did not realise the ability to move between the 2. Will let it lapse this time.

Raptor.

monabri
Lemon Half

Postby monabri » January 19th, 2019, 1:12 pm

I wonder if you only get the option/notification if you hold both funds? I have a small % holding in JETI only so it was 'news' to me too.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » January 19th, 2019, 1:46 pm

It is an option if you hold either trust. I only hold JETI. My broker sends me letters about it from time to time.

There is another group of trusts with a similar option, in the Invesco Perpetual stable:
Invesco Perpetual Select Trust plc
A multi asset class investment trust launched in 2006 with four share portfolios:
UK Equity, Global Equity Income, Balanced Risk Allocation and Managed Liquidity.
The investment trust offers shareholders access to a wide array of markets.

I hold JETI and IVPG (Invesco Perpetual Global Grwth & Income).

Raptor
Lemon Quarter

Postby Raptor » January 19th, 2019, 2:09 pm

monabri wrote:I wonder if you only get the option/notification if you hold both funds? I have a small % holding in JETI only so it was 'news' to me too.

I only hold a "small" amount of JETI too. Maybe "broker" dependant. I am with HL for IT's

Raptor,

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”