Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

My current outlook for dividends

Closed-end funds and OEICs
forrado
2 Lemon pips

My current outlook for dividends

Postby forrado » April 10th, 2019, 8:21 pm

With 4 of the 7 income generating ITs I hold in my ISA portfolio having published their annual results since the start of the year, I can report my payouts for 2019 are trending 5.4% higher than 2018. Which is nice – and, very much in-step with reports in financial sections of the press that general prospects for dividends remains a positive one.

Also, it’s that time of the year again when City of London Inv. Trust (CTY) declares its annual dividend payout. This time around the increase weighs in 5.1% higher than the previous payout. See …

https://www.investegate.co.uk/city-of-london-it--cty-/rns/dividend-declaration/201904041539071961V/

While I have to say that CTY’s share price performance over the past 1 and 3 years has been less than sparkling when compared to others in the sector that is not why I continue to be shareholder. It is the undoubted decades-long ability of the trust to consistently grow the income over and above the rate of inflation. On condition this continues to be the case I have no planned intention of ever selling. What the share price does in mean time is only of passing interest to me.

feder1
Lemon Slice

Re: My current outlook for dividends

Postby feder1 » April 11th, 2019, 8:36 am

A number of years ago I bought small amounts of a number of top individual company shares to make my own HYP.

Plotting each share against CTY enabled me to sell some when at a small premium to CTY.

However the dogs that I still have are BP., GSK and UU..

These rascals have dropped relative to CTY and lost me more than if I hadn't ever dabbled in a HYP but instead bought CTY in the first place!

PS. I bought the individual shares with a Halifax Sharebuilder monthly to minimise transaction costs.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”