Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

JP Morgan Elect Plc. Income or Growth? Poll.

Closed-end funds and OEICs

JP Morgan Elect Plc. Income or Growth?

Poll ended at June 10th, 2019, 10:20 pm

1. Managed growth
50%
2. Managed Income
50%

Total votes: 8

BobGe
Lemon Slice

JP Morgan Elect Plc. Income or Growth? Poll.

Postby BobGe » June 6th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Ignoring your own circumstances, looking forward at macro level for the next 5 years, assuming everything else is equal, with £20k which you must invest now, which would you opt for? (50/50 is not an option!, nor is 'neither'.)

Managed growth - https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/A1FF7
Managed Income - https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/BWRS8

Thanks.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: JP Morgan Elect Plc. Income or Growth? Poll.

Postby richfool » June 6th, 2019, 11:02 pm

My answer is based on your reference to a 5 year period from now.

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 7th, 2019, 9:06 am

BobGe wrote:Ignoring your own circumstances, looking forward at macro level for the next 5 years, assuming everything else is equal, with £20k which you must invest now, which would you opt for? (50/50 is not an option!, nor is 'neither'.)

Well neither is the option I'm choosing 'cos you haven't explained the circumstances of the purchaser, nor the purpose of the purchase (you might start with TR or income), nor why the choice is between these, despite the similarity in names, totally different vehicles; a global (well, half non-UK) fund of funds vs a FTSE 100 high yielders IT.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » June 10th, 2019, 1:55 am

mc2fool wrote:Well neither is the option I'm choosing 'cos you haven't explained the circumstances of the purchaser, nor the purpose of the purchase (you might start with TR or income), nor why the choice is between these, despite the similarity in names, totally different vehicles; a global (well, half non-UK) fund of funds vs a FTSE 100 high yielders IT.

mc2,
Sorry but it seems you have rather missed the point. If you've time perhaps you would like to re-read the Q. and make a selection?
Thanks.
(Yes, they are totally different vehicles and a five year macro view the request.)

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Postby jackdaww » June 10th, 2019, 7:48 am

i know this isnt answering the OQ , ---

but its TOTAL RETURNS for me.

8-)

mc2fool
Lemon Half

Postby mc2fool » June 10th, 2019, 8:43 am

BobGe wrote:
mc2fool wrote:Well neither is the option I'm choosing 'cos you haven't explained the circumstances of the purchaser, nor the purpose of the purchase (you might start with TR or income), nor why the choice is between these, despite the similarity in names, totally different vehicles; a global (well, half non-UK) fund of funds vs a FTSE 100 high yielders IT.

mc2,
Sorry but it seems you have rather missed the point. If you've time perhaps you would like to re-read the Q. and make a selection?
Thanks.
(Yes, they are totally different vehicles and a five year macro view the request.)

Perhaps if I've missed "the point" it's because you haven't explained it, and re-parroting the question (which I did take time to read, thanks), doesn't do so, so I don't think I'll bother, thanks.

BobGe
Lemon Slice

Postby BobGe » June 11th, 2019, 1:08 am

mc2fool wrote:Perhaps if I've missed "the point" it's because you haven't explained it, and re-parroting the question (which I did take time to read, thanks), doesn't do so, so I don't think I'll bother, thanks.

mc2,
Well I am not sure what is difficult to understand about making a choice of one of two vehicles over a five year term considering purely a macro view, but thanks anyway.

FWIW, the result was a tie, hence your vote would have had influence, so it's a shame you couldn't participate as you'd taken the trouble to reply.

Thanks to all who took part.

StOmer

Postby StOmer » June 11th, 2019, 7:56 am

My vote would have been for the growth holding.

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”