Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Pacific Horizon (PHI)

Closed-end funds and OEICs
richfool
Lemon Quarter

Pacific Horizon (PHI)

Postby richfool » October 19th, 2021, 1:09 pm

I note there is an October review of Pacific Horizon (PHI) on HL's website (link below). Another growth trust in the Baillie Gifford stable, which gives diversified exposure to the Asia Pacific region including India. In fact I note it now holds slightly more exposure to India at 28.3% than HK and China at 25.1%. It doesn't thus put all its eggs in the China basket.
Pacific Horizon Investment Trust aims to grow your investment over the long term by investing in Asia Pacific markets. This includes developed Asian markets such as Hong Kong and Singapore, emerging markets like China and South Korea, and frontier markets including Vietnam. Emerging and frontier markets are higher risk places to invest as they’re at an earlier stage of economic development, so a long-term outlook should be taken. The trust could be a way to diversify a global investment portfolio focused on growth.

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/paci ... 021-update

https://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-sear ... st-ord-10p

I hold JAGI (with a high exposure to China), AAIF, and a small amount of PHI and VOF (Vietnam Opportunities Fund).

77ss
Lemon Quarter

Re: Pacific Horizon (PHI)

Postby 77ss » October 19th, 2021, 1:42 pm

richfool wrote:I note there is an October review of Pacific Horizon (PHI) on HL's website (link below). Another growth trust in the Baillie Gifford stable, which gives diversified exposure to the Asia Pacific region including India. In fact I note it now holds slightly more exposure to India at 28.3% than HK and China at 25.1%. It doesn't thus put all its eggs in the China basket.

I hold JAGI (with a high exposure to China), AAIF, and a small amount of PHI and VOF (Vietnam Opportunities Fund).

I have about 3% in PHI. Bought just over a year ago - partly on its record and partly for its Indian exposure.

So far so good, but worth keeping a close eye on the premium. I don't believe that over 15% is sustainable and I sell when that happens.

jackdaww
Lemon Quarter

Re: Pacific Horizon (PHI)

Postby jackdaww » October 19th, 2021, 2:20 pm

i hold PHI and BGCG .

also

FCIT , MONKS , MYI , SMT have substantial exposure to asia pacific .

:idea:

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”