Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Edinburgh Investment Trust: New Research

Closed-end funds and OEICs
idpickering
The full Lemon

Edinburgh Investment Trust: New Research

Postby idpickering » February 25th, 2022, 7:07 am

EDIN looks leaner and meaner under its new manager and has outperformed since the takeover…

The investment companies team at Kepler Trust Intelligence has produced a new piece of investment bank quality research about the trust, designed to provide a clear and comprehensive reference for long term investors. This note is free to read for UK investors.

Click here to read the note in full.

Visit http://www.trustintelligence.co.uk/investor for more high quality independent investment trust research.

https://www.investegate.co.uk/edinburgh ... 00097209C/

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: Edinburgh Investment Trust: New Research

Postby Arborbridge » February 25th, 2022, 7:57 am

It is me, or does this sentence from the linked article seem bit muddled about what the policy really is?

The new Portfolio has less pronounced value characteristics, with more exposure to growth potential. James and Chris aim to find mispriced companies which can grow their earnings faster than the market expects, leading to dividend growth potential.

"mispriced companies" also is part of a value offering with the hope that they are mispriced. Companies with growth potential are not normally value companies but ones on high P/Es - i.e. companies with possible future earnings potential such as the big high tech companies.

Dod101
The full Lemon

Re: Edinburgh Investment Trust: New Research

Postby Dod101 » February 25th, 2022, 8:15 am

I used to hold this trust but gave up on it and there is nothing in this note that suggests to me that I am missing too much.

Dod

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”