Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Bell comparison tool

Closed-end funds and OEICs
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Bell comparison tool

Postby Arborbridge » November 2nd, 2023, 11:22 am

Yes, this is IT related - sort of...

I found recently that the A J Bell site wasn't working properly. I could compare shares on the interactive chart, but not ITs.
We always used to be able to.
Naturally, I mentioned it to the dealing people and - predictably - no one had noticed it, or reported it. They said they would look into it.

Today, I had a message, as follows:-

Please be advised the relevant team have confirmed that this function is no longer available for investment trusts, it is something we have
raised with our data provider to see if this can be enabled.

Just in case anyone else was wondering about this.

DavidM13
Lemon Slice

Re: Bell comparison tool

Postby DavidM13 » November 3rd, 2023, 9:18 am

Depending on your exact use case you know you can compare Investment Trusts on the AIC website?

Either using the screener tool charting function or going to a performance chart and adding companies.

https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/sc ... erformance Go down to the chart here and type in the name of the company you wish to compare. Be aware its painfully slow to bring up the extra company so be patient. you can choose different time periods and different things to chart. The default is Price and NAV total return. You can also add sector averages and indices.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » November 3rd, 2023, 12:15 pm

DavidM13 wrote:Depending on your exact use case you know you can compare Investment Trusts on the AIC website?

Either using the screener tool charting function or going to a performance chart and adding companies.

https://www.theaic.co.uk/companydata/sc ... erformance Go down to the chart here and type in the name of the company you wish to compare. Be aware its painfully slow to bring up the extra company so be patient. you can choose different time periods and different things to chart. The default is Price and NAV total return. You can also add sector averages and indices.

Yes, thanks - I do use your AIC facility, often. Indeed, I was doing quite a bit yesterday. But there are times when I am in my Bell account, so it's also convenient to use their charts. No offence!

Arb.

DavidM13
Lemon Slice

Postby DavidM13 » November 3rd, 2023, 12:35 pm

Arborbridge wrote:
DavidM13 wrote:Depending on your exact use case you know you can compare Investment Trusts on the AIC website?

Yes, thanks - I do use your AIC facility, often. Indeed, I was doing quite a bit yesterday. But there are times when I am in my Bell account, so it's also convenient to use their charts. No offence!

Arb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: none taken!

Return to “Investment Trusts and Unit Trusts”