Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Vanguard 2019 ETF distribution schedule

Index tracking funds and ETFs
Steveam
Lemon Slice

Vanguard 2019 ETF distribution schedule

Postby Steveam » February 12th, 2019, 3:02 pm

I like to note these dates in my diary ...

https://api.vanguard.com/rs/gre/gls/1.3 ... s/11632/dk

Best wishes,

Steve

kempiejon
Lemon Quarter

Re: Vanguard 2019 ETF distribution schedule

Postby kempiejon » February 12th, 2019, 3:25 pm

Steve, thank you my 2018 list had a few of this January's payments tha I was checking off but I couldn't find 2019 the other week so a handy pointer

Hariseldon58
Lemon Slice

Postby Hariseldon58 » February 13th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Don't forget for your taxed accounts you'll need a list of Excess Reportable Income, even those paying dividends throw off some ERI and I understand the revenue is looking more closely at this, would help if the brokers provided this information.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 13th, 2019, 6:07 pm

Hariseldon58 wrote:Don't forget for your taxed accounts you'll need a list of Excess Reportable Income, even those paying dividends throw off some ERI and I understand the revenue is looking more closely at this, would help if the brokers provided this information.

Can't say I've ever bothered with this nor heard of anyone else who has. If HMRC are looking at this then it must be a very new thing. Perhaps for very large holdings it is significant but if you only have a few grand in an ETF holding then I'm not sure the amount involved is something that would concern the tax man too much.

Hariseldon58
Lemon Slice

Postby Hariseldon58 » February 13th, 2019, 8:16 pm

There was fair bit on the subject in the FT last October.
I think I’ll comply personally :D

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 13th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Hariseldon58 wrote:There was fair bit on the subject in the FT last October. I think I’ll comply personally :D

I guess I missed that. But these are small amounts. For a 10K holding yielding 2% then that is 200 in income for a year and the missing income would be a small fraction of that - probably a few pounds a year. Even if HMRC picked up on it I doubt that they would deem it to be deliberate fraud. Simply an understandable mistake. Moreover you are only deferring the tax - not evading it.

Certainly it has not been picked up for several years now. And if you sell before the end of the tax year then it's a non-issue. But all that said I thank you for bringing this to my attention. If I decide that I am worried then I will sell my three taxable ETF holdings next month.

Hariseldon58
Lemon Slice

Postby Hariseldon58 » February 13th, 2019, 9:15 pm

@Lootman

I wouldn’t change your investment over this, I expect that the brokers will start to provide this information, as otherwise the private investor is highly unlikely to be aware of it.

Some ETFs are accumulating and the income could well be a couple of % or so. The distributing ETFs will clearly be a lower figure.

The other complications of Excess Reportable Income is that it is deemed to be paid six months after the end of year date for that particular ETF. Vanguard it’s typically declared in June and deemed paid at the end of December, whilst a State Street “Accumulating” etf I held had a declared date at the end of March , such that the income is paid six months later, in a different tax year, when it’s possible that you didn’t even own it in.

With a reasonable six figure sum in ETFs , including ‘Accumulating’ ones then it probably pays to take the trouble to get it right.

Lootman
The full Lemon

Postby Lootman » February 14th, 2019, 6:24 pm

Hariseldon58 wrote:@Lootman

I wouldn’t change your investment over this, I expect that the brokers will start to provide this information, as otherwise the private investor is highly unlikely to be aware of it.

Some ETFs are accumulating and the income could well be a couple of % or so. The distributing ETFs will clearly be a lower figure.

The other complications of Excess Reportable Income is that it is deemed to be paid six months after the end of year date for that particular ETF. Vanguard it’s typically declared in June and deemed paid at the end of December, whilst a State Street “Accumulating” etf I held had a declared date at the end of March , such that the income is paid six months later, in a different tax year, when it’s possible that you didn’t even own it in.

With a reasonable six figure sum in ETFs , including ‘Accumulating’ ones then it probably pays to take the trouble to get it right.

OK, thanks. It's probably about 100K in total across the three holdings. Two of them are UK fixed income so hopefully less of a problem. The other is VUSA which might be. No accumulating ETFs.

Another issue is that I generally have my SA return done by May. Waiting around months for these numbers would be irksome.

Candidates for my next Bed-and-ISA transactions in April, I think. I generally prefer foreign domiciled securities in a tax-sheltered account anyway.

Hariseldon58
Lemon Slice

Postby Hariseldon58 » February 18th, 2019, 8:32 am

No need to wait around for the numbers Re ERI since the date of payment is deemed six months after the relevant date, thus it’s readily available on Vanguard and State Street websites etc

Return to “Passive Investing”