Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

VanEck Investments Ltd Vectors Gaming Esports UCITS ETF

Index tracking funds and ETFs
AlumniLawn

Re: VanEck Investments Ltd Vectors Gaming Esports UCITS ETF

Postby AlumniLawn » August 28th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Well I heard about this ETF from another source and it intrigued me as well so I had a look around the web to get some degree of understanding and a few days later I saw that there was a podcast on Econtalk (which I highly recommend) with Josh Williams of the company Forte on "Online Gaming and Blockchain"

Apparently the market size is $150b and from doing some reading it seems that the CAGR for the next seven years for the industry is 13% which gets it up to about $350b

I decided to dip my toe in the water even though I do not qualify as a younger investor :D

Reactive

Re: VanEck Investments Ltd Vectors Gaming Esports UCITS ETF

Postby Reactive » January 28th, 2021, 12:28 am

This is a very interesting ETF. eSports seems to be the on-trend thing at the moment. I do wonder about the long-term prospects though. Will eSports and gaming still be a big thing in 5 years from now (probably would be my guess) but then again I don't know what a lot of the 16-34 age group are into these days! While there is still a lockdown, the young folks need to keep themselves entertained I suppose!

Return to “Passive Investing”