Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

UK Dividend Aristos

Index tracking funds and ETFs
Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Re: UK Dividend Aristos

Postby Arborbridge » September 24th, 2018, 7:59 pm

gryffron wrote:
Alaric wrote:Top 10 as of 30 Sep 2017...
As of Nov 30 2016 (from a Lemon Fool posting)...

It must be trading very aggressively to manage such dramatic shifts of capital in just 10 months. Hardly LTBH. Is there any evidence a dividend strategy is beneficial for such a short term trader?

Gryff

It would be a surprise if they were, what you've called, a short term trader. I haven't looked at the numbers recently (having lost the will!), but over a longish period the changes were fairly small - as you might expect. It's difficult enough to find companies which fit the criteria, so one feels intuitively changes would be slow.

Arb/

OhNoNotimAgain
Lemon Slice

Postby OhNoNotimAgain » September 25th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Hariseldon58 wrote:It’s interesting that all the U.K. Equity Income Trackers i dallied with , this one, Vanguards and the iShares U.K. Dividend Plus have disappointed and I disposed of all these some time ago.

I have returned recently to U.K. Equity Income via Investment Trusts , the human input does allow some discernment and some useful discounts at present.

Chasing income as an end in itself can be difficult. In the end capital always follows income, except when QE distorts things, so getting the capital allocation right can and does lead to rising incomes.

Arborbridge
The full Lemon

Postby Arborbridge » November 21st, 2018, 2:23 pm

As I wrote in September:-

"Coming back to this ETF for a rain check again: I'm definitely losing patience and will probably sell out at some point in the next few months."

Well, I've gorn and dunnit today. Sold all my holding of UKDV and will redeploy in ITs already in my "basket" rather than look for something new.

The choice in this particular broker account makes the front runners: HFEL, JETI and PLI. They have all performed rather better than UKDV both in XIRR terms and dividend growth (mine is an income strategy). Their current yields are similar or better - PLI is lower but the other two make up the average to a satisfactory level.

Thus ends my flirtation with what seemed a good idea at its inception. Unfortunately, UKDV did not cut the mustard and I lost faith in its ability to raise my income.

Arb.

Return to “Passive Investing”