Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

M&M's portfolio review December 2018

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Re: M&M's portfolio review December 2018

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Then whatever sectors or indexes each is related to.... do a sector by sector analysis. Then your holding performance against the related constituents. Competitor debt, yield and price ro book will tell you much. And then the drivers in each. Example an oil producer , analyse crude. So a 6 month and 3 year analysis.

Weed it out based on your outlooks and replace any if required.

No point holding something with a bad period outlook and capital in it dead for 1-3 years. The recovery if any, will then at best only let it recoup inflation time. . Including the income if not cut. Giving you cash purchase power still only equivalent to today at best.

Not consider some etfs rather than individual stocks? Or a couple more investment trusts that are not expensive today? Bit of metal exposure for a downturn etc to protect other incomes.

Stuff like that.

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 9:08 pm

Apologise if this is all covered in the thread. Going out. I skipped from page one, portfolio list to type
In box lol

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 10th, 2019, 9:28 pm

I created a thread that was holistic in nature. Tech , Fundamentals, Risk, Strategy Play , Position planning etc. It's been deleted so i guess its not allowed. Fair enough.

I don't think I'm suited to this forum focus. I just find it too difficult to post a message about something and not cover all elements. One element is 5% of my analysis. Too hard to segregate all aspects of one instrument into many threads.

However it seems to work for most here so that's good. Il come back to this forum in a few months. See if you post an adjusted portfolio at some stage .Be interesting. Until then take care bud

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”