Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Portfolio X-Ray Analysis

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
zharrt

Portfolio X-Ray Analysis

Postby zharrt » September 12th, 2023, 1:38 pm

Looking for an x-ray analysis of my portfolio, I don't mind paying for it but looking at the morningstar one it constantly errors, I know this used to be the de facto option but is that the case anymore? Is it just the .co.uk one that is screwed or should I be looking at the .com site? Are there any better ones out there?

Itsallaguess
Lemon Half

Re: Portfolio X-Ray Analysis

Postby Itsallaguess » September 12th, 2023, 1:45 pm

zharrt wrote:
Looking for an x-ray analysis of my portfolio, I don't mind paying for it but looking at the morningstar one it constantly errors, I know this used to be the de facto option but is that the case anymore?

The Morningstar 'Instant X-Ray' tool linked below is currently working fine -

https://tools.morningstar.co.uk/uk/xray/editholdings.aspx?LanguageId=en-GB

Note that when entering a list of tickers, there's a temptation to just press return and move to the next slot, but when you've entered each ticker you'll be presented with a drop-down menu of related options, and it's important to click and select the relevant option before progressing to the next line.

Cheers,

Itsallaguess

Monty

Postby Monty » September 12th, 2023, 3:03 pm

If you're okay with the £32 a month fee, the portfolio analysis tool in Sharepad is pretty good, you can view by Sector, Exchange, Type, Sub Sector, Region and Country. Each tab provides drop down arrows to dig deeper, for example if an underlying equity is Apple then click the drop down list for details of which funds/ITs/ETF's etc hold what % of Apple. https://www.sharescope.co.uk/sharepad.jsp

I also find the Sharepad Tax function great for keeping track of my CGT and Dividend allowances.

HTH,
Monty

Femi

Postby Femi » September 15th, 2023, 9:55 am

The one in II seems to work fine - if that is where you hold your investments. Even if not all of them are there I think it will work on a Watchlist in II too but am not at home to check currently.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”