Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gvonge,Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0, for Donating to support the site

ADrunkenMarcus' 'Dividend Growth Portfolio'.

A helpful place to also put any annual reports etc, of your own portfolios
ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Re: ADrunkenMarcus' 'Dividend Growth Portfolio'.

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » May 2nd, 2024, 7:15 am

Diploma announced yet another acquisition which looks, at first glance, very positive and earnings accretive from the start.

It was my best performing holding in the past year and up over 37% on a total return basis. Since my portfolio was unitised at 30 April 2016, Diploma has returned 3.5x the growth of the FTSE All World (I only wish it had accounted for a higher proportion of my portfolio!). I’m glad it stands at 8.5 percent of my portfolio today but I’d be happy to double that!

Best wishes

Mark

EmperorZog

Postby EmperorZog » May 8th, 2024, 6:00 pm

The one that’s on my watchlist is 4imprint (four) which always seems like a share I should buy but always seems too pricey so I never take the plunge.

Regards
Dave

ADrunkenMarcus
Lemon Quarter

Postby ADrunkenMarcus » May 13th, 2024, 9:14 pm

EmperorZog wrote:The one that’s on my watchlist is 4imprint (four) which always seems like a share I should buy but always seems too pricey so I never take the plunge.

I have a few like that! Eyeballing it on SharePad, the forward p/e looks like it's a shade under 20 for the coming year. Not too bad and significantly less than previously. I know little about the company, though.

ADrunkenMarcus wrote:Diploma...was my best performing holding in the past year and up over 37% on a total return basis. ... I’m glad it stands at 8.5 percent of my portfolio today but I’d be happy to double that!

My comment on Diploma needs updating. It uprated guidance for the year again today and, at one point, the shares seem to have hit 4340p. It closed up 'only' 5 percent. These gains have taken it to 9.4 percent of the portfolio. This company has been repeatedly outperforming consensus in recent years.

Best wishes

Mark.

Return to “Portfolio Management & Review”