Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to monabri,Dod101,Anonymous,Gersemi,robbelg, for Donating to support the site

Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

SKYSHIP
2 Lemon pips

Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

Postby SKYSHIP » September 11th, 2019, 9:39 am

Do take a look at Greatland Gold (GGP) post yesterday’s update on the Newcrest Mining test drilling. Major gold miner Newcrest is buying into the find at the highly prospective Havieron project.

In March GGP signed a Farm-in Agreement with Newcrest, so that Newcrest has the right to acquire up to a 70% interest by spending up to US$65 million. The deal includes the contemplation of using Newcrest's existing Telfer Mine nearby as a toll-treat facility to support any future mining opportunities at Havieron, potentially reducing any future large capital expenditure requirements and the many years needed to permit and build a commercial mine.

As things progress it has to be viewed likely that Newcrest would seek to make an offer for the whole project, or even for GGP itself. In the event of the latter a bid would surely have to be double, or well over double the current 1.81p (£64m MCap).

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... s/80693769

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 02373.html

https://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php ... &from=6889

SKYSHIP
2 Lemon pips

Re: Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

Postby SKYSHIP » September 16th, 2019, 11:49 am

Greatland could well continue as a very happy junior partner to Newcrest; however my rather logical suspicion is that Newcrest will decide to take 100% of a very lucrative pie, rather than leave 30% in Greatland’s hands – especially following the outstanding drilling update last week.

What I didn’t post was this very interesting piece by the CEO of Primorus (PRIM) after they had taken a holding of 35m shares at 1.71p in Nov’18 & Jan’19. Seems as though the CEO may actually know more than most on the subject:

“Shareholders will no doubt be aware that in the Quarter we began to build a share position in Greatland Gold PLC. At the time of writing we have 35m shares representing just under 1.1% of the issued capital, purchased at an average price of 1.71p per share. This investment decision was predicated on the outstanding exploration results released in December 2018 for the Haiveron Gold Project near Telfer in Western Australia. We have been looking for a quality gold-related investment for a while as we believe gold exposure would be a good balancing influence in our portfolio. Shareholders may not be aware I researched my thesis on intrusive-related gold deposits in these relatively obscure regions of WA and the Northern Territory and studied the nearby Telfer Mine geology and geochemistry. I am of the belief that Havieron may prove to be one of the most significant gold discoveries globally in recent times and I am pleased that we have been able to build a meaningful stake. We note that on 5 February Greatland announced a host of what we consider to be outstanding results for the second half of the discovery drill programme at Haiveron, comprising holes HAD006 - HAD009.”

SKYSHIP
2 Lemon pips

Re: Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

Postby SKYSHIP » September 18th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Massive volume today - 100m shares as they close at 1.90p - up 7% after 10% at one stage.

Rumours that Newcrest have approached GGP with a 3p offer. A sighting shot pitched way too low IMO. A 5p offer might convince the Board.

Return to “Mining & Metals”