Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Anglo American to demerge Thungela shares on June 7

Bouleversee
Lemon Quarter

Re: Anglo American to demerge Thungela shares on June 7

Postby Bouleversee » August 15th, 2022, 4:17 pm

Who would have imagined that a burnable product which was considered so undesirable for environmental reasons would have become so valuable in such a short time? Up 2018% since the demerger, What a pity we didn't top up, eh?

Am I right in thinking Anglo retained a holding? Perhaps not since their s.p. went down today whereas Thungela's went up a fair bit.

Most of my shares are showing a loss, including those who were stars not long ago. Funny old world! What a pity I never get round to taking gains; too busy battling with insurance and energy suppliers and watering and weeding my large, labour intensive garden and wearing myself out. Can't help thinking that's no longer an asset either.

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » September 21st, 2022, 1:16 pm

Thungela Resources Ltd - South Africa-based thermal coal exporter – Chief Financial Officer Gideon Frederick Smith sells 60,000 shares, mostly at average price of ZAR379.83 each, for total of ZAR22.7 million, around GBP1.1 million. The sale occurred across three transactions on Monday and Tuesday of this week and Friday last week.

Current stock price: ZAR32.00, down 15% on Wednesday
12-month change: up sharply from ZAR6.71

Source
https://www.ii.co.uk/secure/my-news-fee ... 2082255800
Login required

Current price
£18.60

pje16
Lemon Half

Postby pje16 » November 24th, 2022, 3:10 pm

Thungela Resources Ltd said on Thursday it had reached an agreement with its black economic empowerment partner Inyosi Coal Pty Ltd to acquire the remaining interest in Anglo American Inyosi Coal Pty Ltd in exchange for shares in Thungela.

Thungela has a 73% interest in Anglo American Inyosi Coal.

On completion of this acquisition, the Rosebank-based coal miner will acquire the remaining 27% stake and own 100% of Anglo American Inyosi Coal, whose assets include the Zibulo operation and the Elders production replacement project.

Thungela will fund the acquisition by issuing 4.2 million new shares to Inyosi, which represents a 3.02% holding.

Taking the current share price of Thungela, this interest is valued at about ZAR1.2 billion. Thungela has a market capitalisation of ZAR37.73 billion.

Its shares gained 2.8% at ZAR276.79 on Thursday afternoon in Johannesburg. In London, the stock rose by 1.1% to 1,333.00 pence.

The non-controlling interest attributable to 27% shareholding in Anglo American Inyosi Coal was ZAR696 million for six months that ended June 30, Thungela said.

“The transaction marks a new chapter in our relationship with Inyosi, as we unlock value and liquidity for Inyosi as they transition from asset partners to investors in Thungela. The transaction also underscores Thungela's commitment to sound capital discipline as we invest in a highly cash-generative asset that we know exceptionally well – our own operations and project opportunities such as Elders,” Thungela Chief Executive July Ndlovu said.

Source:
https://www.ii.co.uk/secure/my-news-fee ... 3272710300
Login required

Return to “Mining & Metals”