Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

SolGold (SOLG) etc

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

SolGold (SOLG) etc

Postby MaraMan » October 16th, 2018, 10:55 am

Being a long term and very happy holder of a sizeable number of Solgold and Asiamet shares I am surprised that there is never any mention of these companies on here. Today it was announced that BHP had brough a stake in SOLG at a good premium https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-solgo ... KKCN1MP2L6. The SP has doubled in recent months and Asiamet has also had a very good year (I am 5x up on my orig investment, thank God as my HYP has been hit quite hard).

With the development of new battery tech, electric vehicles and infrastructure gaining pace around the world and a Cu supply which has remained relatively static and many mines nearing the end of their lives there is going to be supply shortage. http://www.mining.com/copper-supply-cru ... d-experts/

Obviously there is a risk with these junior copper/gold explorers/miners and the road can be a rocky one, but if you do your research and treat them as a long term play they must be worth considering.

Perhaps my appetite is rare and other Lemon Fools find these too scarey, but if you do have the stomach and desire for a LTH on a strategic winner then I would give them a go. Other mining exploration companies possibly worthy of consideration are ARCM and HZM.

Anyway just thought I would raise the subject, probably it is oustside the scope of most Lemon Fools.

MM

5pFredo

Re: SolGold (SOLG) etc

Postby 5pFredo » July 9th, 2019, 1:17 pm

ive been holding this for over a year now, I thought the t/o would have already happened...

What are your views on SOLG, when do you think it will be taken over and at what price?

MaraMan
Lemon Slice

Re: SolGold (SOLG) etc

Postby MaraMan » July 11th, 2019, 8:36 pm

I am not sure SOLG will be subject to a take over anytime soon. Nick Mather I think has said he intends to take this through to production and allegedly has already turned down some offers. I think this should be viewed as a 2 - 5 year play, but I guess everything has its price. Both SOLG and ARS have been affected by the low value of Copper, but that is rising now and many analysts predict it will rise dramatically as demand exceeds supply. Similarly the rising price of Gold will also benefit both companies.

MM

Return to “Mining & Metals”