Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

Postby SKYSHIP » September 11th, 2019, 9:39 am

Do take a look at Greatland Gold (GGP) post yesterday’s update on the Newcrest Mining test drilling. Major gold miner Newcrest is buying into the find at the highly prospective Havieron project.

In March GGP signed a Farm-in Agreement with Newcrest, so that Newcrest has the right to acquire up to a 70% interest by spending up to US$65 million. The deal includes the contemplation of using Newcrest's existing Telfer Mine nearby as a toll-treat facility to support any future mining opportunities at Havieron, potentially reducing any future large capital expenditure requirements and the many years needed to permit and build a commercial mine.

As things progress it has to be viewed likely that Newcrest would seek to make an offer for the whole project, or even for GGP itself. In the event of the latter a bid would surely have to be double, or well over double the current 1.81p (£64m MCap).

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... s/80693769

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 02373.html

https://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php ... &from=6889

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Re: Greatland Gold (GGP) shares likely to quickly double from current 1.79p

Postby SKYSHIP » September 16th, 2019, 11:49 am

Greatland could well continue as a very happy junior partner to Newcrest; however my rather logical suspicion is that Newcrest will decide to take 100% of a very lucrative pie, rather than leave 30% in Greatland’s hands – especially following the outstanding drilling update last week.

What I didn’t post was this very interesting piece by the CEO of Primorus (PRIM) after they had taken a holding of 35m shares at 1.71p in Nov’18 & Jan’19. Seems as though the CEO may actually know more than most on the subject:

“Shareholders will no doubt be aware that in the Quarter we began to build a share position in Greatland Gold PLC. At the time of writing we have 35m shares representing just under 1.1% of the issued capital, purchased at an average price of 1.71p per share. This investment decision was predicated on the outstanding exploration results released in December 2018 for the Haiveron Gold Project near Telfer in Western Australia. We have been looking for a quality gold-related investment for a while as we believe gold exposure would be a good balancing influence in our portfolio. Shareholders may not be aware I researched my thesis on intrusive-related gold deposits in these relatively obscure regions of WA and the Northern Territory and studied the nearby Telfer Mine geology and geochemistry. I am of the belief that Havieron may prove to be one of the most significant gold discoveries globally in recent times and I am pleased that we have been able to build a meaningful stake. We note that on 5 February Greatland announced a host of what we consider to be outstanding results for the second half of the discovery drill programme at Haiveron, comprising holes HAD006 - HAD009.”

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » September 18th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Massive volume today - 100m shares as they close at 1.90p - up 7% after 10% at one stage.

Rumours that Newcrest have approached GGP with a 3p offer. A sighting shot pitched way too low IMO. A 5p offer might convince the Board.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » December 2nd, 2019, 6:20 pm

Further fantastic drilling results from GGP. Up 10% so far today; but at some stage the Market will accept that Newcrest are going to build a big mine at Havieron and value GGP accordingly. The most likely result is that they will buy GGP; though may wait for the official JORC, even if GGP much more expensive by then.

Another great PI interview with GGP's CEO & Hd. Geologist:

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 08252.html

Whilst this excellent overview of the project shows full well why a small allocation spec here should be well rewarded as 2020 progresses:

https://miningmaven.com/media/attachmen ... or-web.pdf

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » December 12th, 2019, 2:27 pm

Yesterday saw a fantastic RNS from PRIM, all about their holding in GGP. Worth posting in full; especially as these are the words of a person who really knows both the subject and the region specifically.
================================================================================

11 December 2019
Primorus Investments plc

Greatland Gold Investment Update

Primorus Investments plc (AIM: PRIM, NEX: PRIM) is pleased to provide an investor update regarding its current holding in Greatland Gold PLC ("Greatland") (AIM: GGP) following a meeting with the Greatland executive team subsequent to the Annual General Meeting attended by Primorus on 3 December 2019.

Highlights:

-- Newcrest drilling expands already very large Havieron footprint 300m to the North.
-- Primorus believes Havieron is a Tier 1 Australian Gold/Copper deposit that may host 20Moz+.
-- High priority project with 6 rigs to work throughout the Australian summer.
-- 100% owned Scallywag a potential second Havieron
-- Look to add to investment as the Board believes Greatland shares currently undervalued.

Background:
Greatland Gold PLC is an AIM-listed precious and base metals exploration and development company with several active projects in Western Australia and Tasmania. Greatland has a market capitalisation of circa GBP59 million at the time of writing.

The Havieron Gold/Copper Project near the Telfer mine in the Paterson Province region of Western Australia is Greatland's most advanced exploration project to date and is subject to an up to US$65 million farm-in agreement ("Farm-in Agreement") with the owner of the Telfer mine, Newcrest Mining Limited ("Newcrest") (ASX: NCM), Australia's largest ASX-listed gold producer.

Primorus began buying shares in Greatland in October 2018 and now holds circa 37 million shares at an average price of 1.71p per share representing approximately 1.03% of the issued capital of Greatland. The Shares of Greatland have traded between 1.49p and 2.5p with a price at the time of writing of 1.64p. The Greatland investment at circa GBP607,000 "mark to market" value is currently Primorus's largest listed investment.

Alastair Clayton, Executive Director of Primorus summarised the meetings:

"We came away from the Greatland Gold AGM and follow-on management meeting with a new sense of excitement as to the potential scale of Havieron. Drilling reported last week from hole HAD023 has demonstrated that Havieron continues at least 300m to the North of the initial discovery area around HAD005. A review of drill plans in the AGM presentation and publicly available Satellite data suggest that even today current drilling is still working to find the limits of the deposit.

With a working geological model now developed at Havieron, we also look with some excitement at GGP's nearby Scallywag Project where analogous geology and new geophysical modelling make the case for similar mineralisation but at levels much closer to the surface than at Havieron. Importantly the Scallywag Project is not subject to the Newcrest Farm-in Agreement and is thus 100% owned by Greatland.

Back in late 2018 we took an investment position based on a handful of exciting drill holes and a belief that Havieron may prove to be a meaningful deposit. Twelve months later, with Newcrest now farming in to Havieron is, in our opinion, shaping up as a truly Tier 1 Australian Gold/Copper discovery that with continued exploration success has the potential to deliver in excess of 20Moz of gold and associated copper.

We are not aware of any other exposure for investors to Australian Tier 1 mining projects on the London Stock Exchange outside of Rio Tinto (RIO.L), Anglo American (AAL.L) and BHP (BHP.L)
From a purely financial perspective incongruously the Greatland Share price is actually below where it was the same time last year. With gold prices still buoyant this goes against what we would expect. The norms of gold exploration suggest that drilling ounces are "banked" with each success and the asset value growth is reflected in the share price.

The Primorus Board believes Greatland is a highly unusual outlier in a market consumed by liquidity concerns and devoid of the traditional small to medium institutional investors that elsewhere in the world invest in maturing but pre-resource gold companies. Regardless, we understand that drilled ounces don't just disappear, and we are at a loss to explain why the overall market is discounting the strong drill results each time they are released by Newcrest.

Given our views on Havieron stated above, we see this as an opportunity and may add to our investment should funds be available to do so. I would like to thank the executive team at Greatland for their hard work in 2019 and believe 2020 will be the year in which we will reap the rewards of patience and belief in our investment in Greatland Gold."

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » January 6th, 2020, 2:44 pm

GGP have started the year with a great chart breakout, moving up from 1.80p to 2.08p. Any latecomers to the party might consider reading up now; and look for a retrace to the 2.0p level to open a position.

I'm confident these will double this year, after spending the whole of 2019 in a whipsaw consolidation of the 2018 rise.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » January 15th, 2020, 12:56 pm

Well, we saw a small retrace, so hopefully someone out there joined in the fun before today's rise to 2.20p-2.25p as I type!

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » January 25th, 2020, 5:22 pm

2.5p was my target when I posted another chart on ADVFN back at the end of December - see below.

As the welcome rise had taken my holding through a 10% threshold in my SIPP, I top-sliced a few yesterday. I intend to hold onto the rest for a further run to 3.5p as further drilling results evidence the emerging elephant!

https://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php ... #firstpost

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » January 30th, 2020, 10:02 am

Well, they duly doubled today after further drilling results reveal to all that Havieron is truly a Tier 1 project.

Touched 3.775p, now back a little at 3.5p.

Massive drilling programme outlined throughout the year, with perhaps a JORC toward the end of 2020.

The price then - no idea - just happy to hold.

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » February 7th, 2020, 12:41 pm

And the whistle is off today..... hang on. It's at B@4.5p S@4.42p as I type and moving fast

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » April 17th, 2020, 12:54 pm

@6.3 sell price today. Some good news somewhere at least

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » April 20th, 2020, 10:16 am

Sell price @7.50 today. Numis priced this @6p. I wonder if the gold price is abnormal but has it got more knicker elastic than we think? There is much talk of gold being a safe haven in times of trouble.

NB. I sold my investment stake to regain the cash funds, but left a few in as free shares to see what happens. I always seem to sell the good ones too soon but still walked with a profit on 3k. Doesn't balance out other losses but is a nice adjustment to them.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » July 11th, 2020, 4:29 pm

12.5p!!! Unfortunately sold out long ago; but still, portfolio YTD still up thnx to GGP....and DJAN of course (that one over on the REIT thread).

Like most of us, I remain more than 50% CASH as anticipate a double dip...

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » July 15th, 2020, 10:50 pm

I know. I shouldn't have worked out how much my earlier shares would have been worth if I hadn't sold them.... More than all my losses put together!!!

Why do I always sell the good ones and keep the dogs?

johnhemming
Lemon Quarter

Postby johnhemming » July 16th, 2020, 6:26 am

Pipsmum wrote:Why do I always sell the good ones and keep the dogs?

People emotionally prefer taking a profit to crystallising a loss. That is even when it is best to sell something at a loss to buy something to get a gain (although that has a risk).

However, I think one thing is to look if possible at potentially only selling part of a holding as it goes up rather than seeing decisions as all or nothing.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » September 22nd, 2020, 11:25 am

SKYSHIP wrote:Do take a look at Greatland Gold (GGP) post yesterday’s update on the Newcrest Mining test drilling. Major gold miner Newcrest is buying into the find at the highly prospective Havieron project.

In March GGP signed a Farm-in Agreement with Newcrest, so that Newcrest has the right to acquire up to a 70% interest by spending up to US$65 million. The deal includes the contemplation of using Newcrest's existing Telfer Mine nearby as a toll-treat facility to support any future mining opportunities at Havieron, potentially reducing any future large capital expenditure requirements and the many years needed to permit and build a commercial mine.

As things progress it has to be viewed likely that Newcrest would seek to make an offer for the whole project, or even for GGP itself. In the event of the latter a bid would surely have to be double, or well over double the current 1.81p (£64m MCap).

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... s/80693769

https://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk/co ... 02373.html

https://uk.advfn.com/cmn/fbb/thread.php ... &from=6889

Is it too late now to buy into Greatland Gold? I see the SP today is 23p.

PS. Do you have any knowledge of why Polymetal has fallen over the last few days? ------
see thread here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=23730&p=341905#p341905

Pipsmum
Lemon Slice

Postby Pipsmum » September 24th, 2020, 12:14 pm

richfool wrote:Is it too late now to buy into Greatland Gold? I see the SP today is 23p.

And returning down today. I suppose elastic only stretches so far.

The others on the radar are KEFI and UFO but who knows anymore?

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » December 29th, 2020, 1:05 pm

Well I bought in back in late September. My holding is currently up 66%. (Current SP: 68.8p)

Just hope the stimulus keeps gold going up.

Return to “Mining & Metals”