Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Greatland Gold - looking good for another strong run.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Greatland Gold - looking good for another strong run.

Postby SKYSHIP » January 3rd, 2023, 8:25 am

My Tip for 2023 is Greatland Gold (GGP). In 2020 the shares shot from 1.75p to 35p – a 20bagger! Since that unlikely peak the shares have been a one-way toboggan slide back down to 8p.

Now however everything once again looks to be in place for a strong run ahead. The last 6months have seen a big fundraising (no more equity issue required); the appointment of 3 new “Big Name” directors with substantial experience in the sector; a new heavyweight stakeholder and the execution of a £130m debt commitment with a syndicate of Australian banks.

Whilst all this was going on they progressed matters for a joint Australian listing, likely this Spring; and most importantly their 70% JV partner (the giant Newcrest) progressed the Havieron mine with well-nigh lightning speed.

With all the good news it is perhaps surprising that GGP still languish at current levels; but I expect that all to change in the New Year; and would be most surprised not to see a 50% gain back to the 12p level, perhaps higher.

The article below states the case far better than I can:

https://investingstrategy.co.uk/stock-t ... ld-shares/

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Re: Greatland Gold - looking good for another strong run.

Postby SKYSHIP » January 3rd, 2023, 4:52 pm

I napped these as my Tip for 2023 on my JDT thread over at ADVFN.

The last time I did that was for 2020 when they did the 20bagger I referred to in my last post!

I don't expect such fireworks; but the year started well with a move to 8.4p-8.5p; before closing off the top at 8.25p-8.5p.

If you take a look at the GGP thread on ADVFN you will see the great looking chart I posted there today - a breakout in motion with a short-term target of 10p.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » February 26th, 2023, 3:36 pm

Since my last post we have seen the giant Newmont Mining make a bid for GGP’s 70% JV partner – Newcrest Mining.

Whilst rejecting what look to be fairly parsimonious terms, Newcrest have offered to “open their books” to Newmont in pursuit of a higher bid. With that being so, then one important aspect which should be opened up to all shareholders is the overdue Feasibility Study on the Havieron project .

If Newcrest won't do it, then surely about time for GGP to pre-empt.

GGP’s CEO, Shaun DAY (SD) is visiting the UK shortly and on 9th March will be making a Presentation on London South-East, followed by a Q&A session.

The FFS will undoubtedly be a matter for discussion, as will the upcoming ASX listing. Both are key to the short-term performance of the GGP stock.
A few weeks ago SD made an enlightening comment. He points out that GGP’s IPO will bring to the ASX Market a reasonably sizeable new player. A player in which the Ossie tracker funds will have to participate.

For the past 3months GGP have traded in the 7.5p-8.5p range; currently slap bang in the middle at 8.0p, where they started 2023.

With so much going on a breakout North from the close trading range looks inevitable sooner rather than later; and perhaps SD’s 9th March Presentation will be the catalyst.

bjmarren
2 Lemon pips

Postby bjmarren » February 27th, 2023, 2:52 pm

Thanks for that update SKYSHIP,

I bought on your original post re Greatland Gold, as a punt, and have watched the share price changes with interest. It'll be interesting to see what SD has to say on the 9th and the subsequent on the share price. Thanks for sharing your your thoughts on this and other shares, they are always interesting.

Brendan

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » April 23rd, 2023, 12:57 pm

GGP continue to pootle around the 8p level; even after a potentially very interesting RNS this past week: ""Our recent drilling at Rudall has delivered a significant and high-grade result." Seems as though you drill anywhere in the Paterson region there is a good chance you're going to hit GOLD!

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/londo ... s/90810042

Shareholders have to be patient and wait for the reserve update at Havieron; and the joint listing on the ASX.

In the meantime there will be a news update on Havieron this week - possibly Thursday.

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » July 17th, 2023, 5:30 pm

With thanks to Timberwolf on ADVFN & lebuge-addick on LSE, and added to by others, some future GGP share price growth catalysts, and potential catalysts, many of which are now, increasingly, also being compressed into a shorter, imminent timeframe:

1. ASX listing

2. Feasibility study

3. Decision to mine

4. Updated MRE 11 August

5. More Reserves - these can be taken onto the balance sheet

6. Low AISC

7. Valuation of gold - Newcrest updated MRE 17 August 2022 used an economic assumption $1,300/oz for gold. It's now 50% higher but this is never mentioned by detractors.

8. First gold - Earning cash next year

9. Free cash flow 2025

10. If Newmont divest Telfer and 70% Haverion, and GGP buy them.

11. MRE of 2.9Moz @ 3.0g/t AuEq high-grade Reserve could lift to 9Moz according to Sprott on infill and roots - a little bit down track but within reach.

12. Again according to Sprott's April report, Reserve increases could support elevated 6-9Mtpa for long-life Tier 1 asset.

13. And again from Sprott: Potential 6Moz caveable material adds optionality above this - a little further down stream but nevertheless a massive catalyst.

14. Use of Telfer mill for Havieron (and further downstream the Rio JV ore from Patterson South)

15. The existing Greatland team and support partners should not be under-estimated. That's probably how they got the Rio JV off the ground.

16. Drilling at EG 2024.

17. JV strikes - Juri and/or Rio

18. Scallywag strikes

19. Fully funded through to production - a reiteration

20. Jurisdiction - Australia is the best jurisdiction in the world right now to find more mineralisation - what has GGP got up its sleeve?

21. M&A activity - a value enhancing acquisition?

SKYSHIP
Lemon Slice

Postby SKYSHIP » October 15th, 2023, 4:14 pm

GGP have been a great disappointment this year; mainly because of two things:

# The ASX listing has been delayed - now unlikely until Q1'24

# Listed on AIM - a doom place this year

It will come good as fundamentally so cheap, gold strong and first gold production now less than 9months away...

Investing Strategy - 12th October 2023

GREATLAND GOLD

Greatland Gold shares have slipped to 6p leaving the gold explorer with a £300 million valuation and on a fundamental basis this appears great value. For clarity, an independent review of flagship Havieron valued the asset at $1.2 billion in August 2022. GGP retains a 30% economic interest in the project, equivalent to $360 million (£293 million).

Forgetting the vast tenures elsewhere, the JV with Rio Tinto and also the Juri assets, the company now owns 30% of a world-class asset in a JV with the Newmont-Newcrest monster. With Wyloo involved and an incredibly supportive banking syndicate, there’s about a thousand different ways this could go.

But Q4 could finally see the puzzle resolved; the Grant Samuel assessment of Havieron (though not based on an updated MRE or a separately valued Havieron) could get the ball rolling — but the key catalyst will be the updated MRE, last updated in August 2022 and delayed in August 2023 — alongside the accompanying DFS.

Could a golden Christmas present be coming down the chimney?

https://investingstrategy.co.uk/stock-t ... dgame-now/

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Postby airbus330 » October 24th, 2023, 9:36 am

Looking for another strong run.......off a cliff :shock:

Rise rise rise....oh flood problems RNS...crash.

It would be funny, if it wasn't so predictable. At least I look my profits this time.

I'm sure there is a half decent mining company somewhere.

BullDog
Lemon Quarter

Postby BullDog » October 24th, 2023, 9:53 am

airbus330 wrote:Looking for another strong run.......off a cliff :shock:

Rise rise rise....oh flood problems RNS...crash.

It would be funny, if it wasn't so predictable. At least I look my profits this time.

I'm sure there is a half decent mining company somewhere.

Definition of a mine owner, a liar stood next to a hole in the ground?

airbus330
Lemon Slice

Postby airbus330 » October 24th, 2023, 11:39 pm

Unreal. Close of play, it jumps back to a recent high :roll: I'll take my small gain and find a quieter place.

Return to “Mining & Metals”