Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Public finances

Nemo
Lemon Slice

Public finances

Postby Nemo » July 14th, 2017, 9:19 am

I tend to agree with the following synopsis of the economy

Britain’s public finances are in worse shape to withstand a recession than they were on the eve of the 2007 financial crash a decade ago and face the twin threat of a fresh downturn and Brexit, the Treasury’s independent forecaster has warned.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -recession

I'd like to invest in precious metals and wonder about these (please excluded gold and silver). I would want to hold these myself and not keep them in a distant bank vault. Anyone doing this - any pointers or advice on this would be appreciated.

Moderator Message:
moving from Investment Strategies to specific board for metals. Raptor.

CommissarJones
Lemon Slice

Re: Public finances

Postby CommissarJones » July 14th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Nemo wrote:I'd like to invest in precious metals and wonder about these (please excluded gold and silver). I would want to hold these myself and not keep them in a distant bank vault.

Online vendors such as Baird & Co.'s Goldline sell platinum, palladium and rhodium bars. (I am not endorsing Goldline, that's just cited as an example.)

As for holding them yourself, the options that come to mind immediately are a box at a private safe-deposit center or a home safe.

Return to “Mining & Metals”