Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit Card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,BusyBumbleBee,88V8,Anonymous,6Tricia, for Donating to support the site

Buy/Sell/Hold

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Re: Buy/Sell/Hold

Postby richfool » June 25th, 2019, 3:39 pm

CommissarJones wrote:
Laughton wrote:Now certainly doesn't seem to me to be the time to think about selling.

Agreed. I have a holding of physical that was amassed in 2002-04 and no plans to sell. Earlier this year, it seemed to me that it might be a good idea to put more money into PM investments while gold was still below £1,000/ounce, as the financial and geopolitical trends seemed to be supportive. Wish I had acted. I am hoping for a pullback of reasonable magnitude from the current highs, which would leave me sorely tempted to buy a batch of FRES shares.

From today's Daily Mail, - This is Money:
Gold hits six-year high as investors use the safe-haven to shelter from storm of weaker dollar, geopolitical tensions and falling bond yields

The precious metal rose 1.3 per cent to above $1,435 per ounce today
Falling yields, a weaker dollar and geopolitical risks are supporting gold

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... 1-435.html

TheMotorcycleBoy
Lemon Quarter

Postby TheMotorcycleBoy » June 26th, 2019, 8:05 am

richfool wrote:
CommissarJones wrote:
Laughton wrote:Now certainly doesn't seem to me to be the time to think about selling.

Agreed. I have a holding of physical that was amassed in 2002-04 and no plans to sell. Earlier this year, it seemed to me that it might be a good idea to put more money into PM investments while gold was still below £1,000/ounce, as the financial and geopolitical trends seemed to be supportive. Wish I had acted. I am hoping for a pullback of reasonable magnitude from the current highs, which would leave me sorely tempted to buy a batch of FRES shares.

From today's Daily Mail, - This is Money:
Gold hits six-year high as investors use the safe-haven to shelter from storm of weaker dollar, geopolitical tensions and falling bond yields

The precious metal rose 1.3 per cent to above $1,435 per ounce today
Falling yields, a weaker dollar and geopolitical risks are supporting gold

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mar ... 1-435.html

Copper price rise:
https://www.directorstalk.net/copper-ri ... er-dollar/

CommissarJones
Lemon Slice

Postby CommissarJones » June 26th, 2019, 9:57 pm

A nice piece discussing gold's strong performance against a variety of currencies. I was not aware that bullion is at record highs against the Australian dollar and the Swedish krona.

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/ronan ... urrencies/

Gold also is outperforming silver this month, which has driven the gold/silver ratio above 92.

richfool
Lemon Quarter

Postby richfool » July 19th, 2019, 3:22 pm

SentimentRules
Lemon Slice

Postby SentimentRules » July 19th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Gold telling us something about general markets. Most indices agree with gold apart from US. Maybe dow/Nas will come off the steroids soon

Smart money in the metals for sure. I reckon even traders are thinking.. . Hold gold/silver to next recession

Stan
Lemon Pip

Postby Stan » July 22nd, 2019, 8:19 am

Only just discovered this thread, yes precious metals are certainly flavour of the recent months at the moment.

Decided to take some profit from Gold last week now watching Silver and Zinc at the moment.

Return to “Mining & Metals”