Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Motor Insurance! Who'd a thunk it?

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Motor Insurance! Who'd a thunk it?

Postby Slarti » June 19th, 2018, 4:13 pm

Just done mine for the next year and, much to my surprise, the renewal is the same price as last year and is £29 better than the best at the comparison sites.

Quote me Happy, indeed!

I think I'll go and have a lie down :mrgreen:

Slarti

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Re: Motor Insurance! Who'd a thunk it?

Postby bungeejumper » June 19th, 2018, 5:53 pm

ISTR that the insurance companies (all types, not just motoring) have had an ear-bashing from the FCA recently about being beastly to their oldest and most faithful customers while routinely offering sharper and cheaper quotes to new prospects. Maybe we're seeing the effect?

Have to say, though, that in recent years the wife and I have had a succession of fairly reasonable quotes from our respective existing insurers. By which I mean premium increases of £10 or so - not the sort of money that you'd go to a lot of swapping-trouble to avoid. Sometimes the sense of sweet reason has persisted into a third year, but not often.

I have this feeling that, if the insurance companies can't fleece the faithful inertia brigade any more, they'll have to stop making those attractive offers to first-timers, which I imagine are loss-leaders? In the meantime, though, enjoy your good fortune. Long may it last.

BJ

bionichamster
Lemon Slice

Re: Motor Insurance! Who'd a thunk it?

Postby bionichamster » July 5th, 2018, 11:24 am

I had my quote in a couple of months ago, it was about a tenner cheaper than last year. However I called the company up and said that I'd been with them a while and that I wanted to see if they could offer me a better deal to save me the hassle of going on the comparison sites. I basically said that if they gave me a nice offer I wouldn't even bother looking elsewhere. They were very pleasant and in the end I got about £80+ discount on their renewal quote. I dare say I could have done a bit better on a comparison site, but I have both cars on same insurance and not all companies do that and frankly I couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

Always worth asking your current provider to do better if you think they can.

BH

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”