Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Anonymous,CryptoPlankton,GrahamPlatt,Walkeia,genou, for Donating to support the site

Fiest 1.0 ecoboost for long journeys

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
scotia
Lemon Quarter

Re: Fiest 1.0 ecoboost for long journeys

Postby scotia » March 29th, 2018, 3:16 pm

We have a Ford C-max with the 125PS 1litre 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine, and a Skoda Fabia estate with a 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo petrol engine. Very pleased with both. The Ford returned 50mpg on a motorway drive from Central Scotland to Surrey and back. The Skoda returns around 55mpg on runs back and forward across Central Scotland. Both of them have plenty of oomph. I don't know about reliability - Ford is 18 month old, Skoda is 3 month old, and so far no problems.

raybarrow

Postby raybarrow » March 29th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Hi Folks, Just another thought. What are these 1.0 Ecoboosts like for towing. I have a camping trailer which we no longer use for camping, kids have grown up and getting down and up off the floor is more of a challenge. We are thinking of getting rid of it but just in case how would the 1.0 engine cope. I think the 1.4 'conventional' engine would be fine with it for the occasional use I might find for the trailer.

Ray.

scotia
Lemon Quarter

Postby scotia » March 29th, 2018, 6:21 pm

An article on towing using a cmax with the 125PS turbo petrol engine
https://www.practicalcaravan.com/review ... ford-c-max

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”