Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Query re disc parking

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
ten0rman
Lemon Slice

Query re disc parking

Postby ten0rman » October 4th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Here's a strange one (to me that is).

When we, or I, or Mrs T, go to town, we almost always park in a 2 hour disc parking place, and then walk the rest of the way. Partly for exercise, and partly for convenience, the alternative being 1 hour which might not be enough.

This am I go on my own, park up as usual, do my stuff, return to the car and go away. This pm, Mrs T. goes to see one of her friends who, it just happens, lives more or less right where we park. Now fair enough, there is a 2 hour no-return period so being outside that time period, we are ok, but never having thought about it before, I could easily see a situation where I do my town visit, return home, and Mrs T immediately goes out and parks within the 2 hour no-return period. So, the question is, does the parking restriction apply to the vehicle, or the driver?

In a similar vein, we have an Aldi, and after all the trouble we have read about with Aldi parking, we make sure that we only visit once per day. But again, is it the car or the driver?

I suspect the answer, in both instances, will be that it's the car. Which in turn leads to the interesting thought that if we had two cars, we could possibly monopolise one parking spot all day!

Hmmm

ten0rman

redsturgeon
Lemon Half

Re: Query re disc parking

Postby redsturgeon » October 5th, 2018, 11:07 am

It has to be the car, not the driver, since they cannot know the driver of the car but they can easily identify the car itself. So yes if you had two cars then you could drive one car in and the other out of the same spot all day at 2 hour intervals. Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me though.

John

ten0rman
Lemon Slice

Re: Query re disc parking

Postby ten0rman » October 7th, 2018, 2:08 pm

Thanks John. I only asked because as we all know, the law can be very different to what we think it should be.

My last comment was meant to be somewhat frivolous.

ten0rman

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”