Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Clamped Car

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
feder1
Lemon Slice

Clamped Car

Postby feder1 » November 19th, 2018, 11:42 am

Moderator Message:
RS: This is not really a DAK type question. I will move this thread to the motoring board.

How can a car with a front wheel clamp be allowed to sit on an A road out of a big town for at least 36 days?

The car was there like this when I returned from holiday. It is sitting on a single yellow line just past a 5 way junction with traffic lights.

It is causing an obstruction in my view as cars must negotiate this car when commencing past the green light.

GoSeigen
Lemon Quarter

Re: Clamped Car

Postby GoSeigen » November 19th, 2018, 11:59 am

feder1 wrote:How can a car with a front wheel clamp be allowed to sit on an A road out of a big town for at least 36 days?

The car was there like this when I returned from holiday. It is sitting on a single yellow line just past a 5 way junction with traffic lights.

It is causing an obstruction in my view as cars must negotiate this car when commencing past the green light.

I guess by people seeing it there for 36 days and saying nothing to the authorities?

GS

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » November 21st, 2018, 11:59 am

GoSeigen wrote:
feder1 wrote:How can a car with a front wheel clamp be allowed to sit on an A road out of a big town for at least 36 days?

I guess by people seeing it there for 36 days and saying nothing to the authorities?

GS

Surely it was the authorities that clamped it, so they know about it?

Slarti

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » November 21st, 2018, 12:37 pm

Slarti wrote:
Surely it was the authorities that clamped it, so they know about it?

Slarti

Probably not the same Authority that is responsible for moving it though.

Local Councils rarely clamp a vehicle, but if it was DVLA then the owner is given a window to pay any fines, then I think it is passed to the Council, who have to give the owner another window before it can be removed, etc etc.

If someone set fire to it, it will be gone tomorrow ;)

Paul

dionaeamuscipula
Lemon Quarter

Postby dionaeamuscipula » November 21st, 2018, 1:23 pm

My journey to work today was disrupted by a horse that was tethered in such a way as to almost guarantee that it would find itself on the road. It looked slightly non-plussed to find itself eye-to-eye with a trucker, but was nonetheless reluctant to swap tarmac for grass.

This was on the same stretch of road that was closed for a day recently because 200 cars unexpectedly arrived for a funeral and parked up.

DM

UncleEbenezer
The full Lemon

Postby UncleEbenezer » November 23rd, 2018, 5:48 pm

dionaeamuscipula wrote:My journey to work today was disrupted by a horse that was tethered in such a way as to almost guarantee that it would find itself on the road. It looked slightly non-plussed to find itself eye-to-eye with a trucker, but was nonetheless reluctant to swap tarmac for grass.

This was on the same stretch of road that was closed for a day recently because 200 cars unexpectedly arrived for a funeral and parked up.

Heh. I think if I were tethered I might be keen to protest in whatever manner I could, too. Kudos to the horse! 8-)

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » November 25th, 2018, 11:08 am

53 days so far.

I had an anxious moment last week when I was almost sandwiched between the clamped car and an oncoming, everything blaring and flaring, fire engine.

Luckily Mr foot hit Mr brake in time.

bionichamster
Lemon Slice

Postby bionichamster » November 30th, 2018, 3:26 pm

feder1 wrote:53 days so far.

I had an anxious moment last week when I was almost sandwiched between the clamped car and an oncoming, everything blaring and flaring, fire engine.

Luckily Mr foot hit Mr brake in time.

Have you tried e-mailing the council or indeed the police to enquire what is going on and at what point it is likely to be removed if the owner doesn't bother? It may have been clamped because it is parked somewhere that makes it dangerous, in which case leaving it for a month and a half is bleeding ridiculous, or it may have been clapped because it has no tax in which case it may have been deemed not in a dangerous position, or after 53 days one might conclude it has been abandoned and maybe plod will take an interest.

BH

feder1
Lemon Slice

Postby feder1 » April 4th, 2019, 12:11 pm

Since returning from a long holiday the car has gone.

In any case it was half a mile from me in a built-up area and it wasn,t for me to pursue it.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”