Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

A bit late - Fully Charged show this weekend.

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
PrincessB
Lemon Slice

A bit late - Fully Charged show this weekend.

Postby PrincessB » June 7th, 2019, 2:52 pm

I have no interest in the Fully Charged show, and *rant mode on* I paid full price for my ticket!!!

Anyhow, it's at Silverstone this weekend, and has all sorts of electric cars, test drives and it appears a certain amount of cross over between EV's and house and home type solar.

I'm not plugging it and I don't know quite what to expect as I've not been before.

Link here:
https://www.fullychargedshow.co.uk/full ... -live-2019

Would be interesting to know if I'm the only poster here going?

B.

scottnsilky
Lemon Slice

Re: A bit late - Fully Charged show this weekend.

Postby scottnsilky » June 7th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Silverstone is a bit far for me to travel for this show, but I like your ' I'm not plugging it', pun intended?
dp

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » June 7th, 2019, 3:28 pm

PrincessB wrote:I'm not plugging it and I don't know quite what to expect as I've not been before.

If ever a show was designed to work while unplugged, I'd say this was it. ;)

Should be fascinating, Silverstone is a nice track too. Any electric bikes? (Like these, I mean.) https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/gallery/b ... motorbikes

BJ

Watis
Lemon Quarter

Postby Watis » June 7th, 2019, 4:21 pm

PrincessB wrote:I have no interest in the Fully Charged show, and *rant mode on* I paid full price for my ticket!!!

The Fully Charged Show? Watts that, then?

PrincessB wrote:Anyhow, it's at Silverstone this weekend, and has all sorts of electric cars, test drives and it appears a certain amount of cross over between EV's and house and home type solar.

Yes, for all things electrical, Silverstone is a nice circuit!

PrincessB wrote:I'm not plugging it and I don't know quite what to expect as I've not been before.

Link here:

B.

I might have gone but the idea was met with resistance from Mrs Watis!

Howard
Lemon Quarter

Postby Howard » June 7th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Watis wrote:
PrincessB wrote:I have no interest in the Fully Charged show, and *rant mode on* I paid full price for my ticket!!!

The Fully Charged Show? Watts that, then?

PrincessB wrote:Anyhow, it's at Silverstone this weekend, and has all sorts of electric cars, test drives and it appears a certain amount of cross over between EV's and house and home type solar.

Yes, for all things electrical, Silverstone is a nice circuit!

Link here:

B.

I might have gone but the idea was met with resistance from Mrs Watis!

So you're staying at ohm?

Howard

JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Postby JohnB » June 7th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Their YouTube channel is excellent, and last year released pretty much every talk as a video in the few months afterwards.

Slarti
Lemon Quarter

Postby Slarti » June 7th, 2019, 5:50 pm

bungeejumper wrote:

If ever a show was designed to work while unplugged, I'd say this was it. ;)

Should be fascinating, Silverstone is a nice track too. Any electric bikes? (Like these, I mean.) https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/gallery/b ... motorbikes

BJ

I do believe I saw a Tweet from Robert Llewellyn (Kryten) that there are all forms of electric road transport there, 2 wheel, 4 wheel or more.

Slarti

PrincessB
Lemon Slice

Postby PrincessB » June 8th, 2019, 9:20 pm

I went and came back again.

My estimate is that 1% of the cars in the parking area (A very muddy field) were electrics. Most prevalent EV car in the car park, the Nissan Leaf. Most prevalent car everywhere else.. Tesla.

Amusingly, as I slogged through the parking area to an area with even more mud, I went past a 19 plate Suzuki Jimny which is really small, a little larger than a Fiat Panda, not by much. It's the first one I've seen in the flesh and it looks like a really fun car - Petrol mind you.

We then all got onto an old school diesel bus and drove for quite some time to the event hall, decanted and in we went.

With that Jimny in mind, and Teslas all over the shop, the other car sizes went from the big, Model X type stuff to the smaller next gen Nissan Leaf which is enormous. The new Leaf is good for 200+ miles (on a good day) and it is huge.

Great display in the pit lanes of electric modified cars, highlights among quite a few were the DeLorean, the old Fiat 500 (in progress) and a scappy looking VW van from the 60's with a 450HP motor.

There were some bikes that looked like real motorbikes, bulked out with battery packs they looked a bit weird. Plenty of smaller scooters and E-bikes with a little test track.

There are plenty of stalls presenting solar solutions, battery storage including the Tesla Powerwall and EDF energy who from first sight offer a similar product which is both lower powered and larger than the Tesla option (I might be wrong, this is a report back).

I got in late for the couple of presentations I wanted to see, and the sound and crowding meant I could not hear every word. If I'd got a seat, it might have been better, but from the sides it was tricky.

Ironically, there was also some kind of race going on outside. Big engine stuff, I'm not that good at car recognition but some folk were going fast enough in to make a proper racket. On the other side of the building, people who were lucky enough to get a test drive of an EV (Max speed 60mph) were lapping in a silent way.

For those who follow the podcast, I managed to get #1 Daughter a Faraday Past T-Shirt, so a day well spent.

B.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”