Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Bribery of MoT testers

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
MonsterMork
Lemon Slice

Bribery of MoT testers

Postby MonsterMork » January 7th, 2021, 5:11 pm

is illegal.

Those proffering soup and thermals may be looked apon favourably ;)

'Twas a balmy minus three metric degrees in my MoT bay today .... :shock:

IcicleMork

sg31
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bribery of MoT testers

Postby sg31 » January 7th, 2021, 7:11 pm

My car was in for mechanical work yesterday. When it came back the heater controls fere on maximum heat and the fan was on full.

The work didn't involve anything that required the engine to start. I imagined they kept nipping inside to warm themselves up. I know I would have.

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » January 9th, 2021, 11:18 pm

I went in for tyres yesterday - got a replacement locking wheel nut ket courtesy of Ebay, £20, and a photo of the locking nut.

This morning I had 19 nuts on the car wheels and one locking nut inside the new locking nut key which was on the passenger seat.

To be fair I had ordered a set of non locking nuts to be delivered to the tyre place and they only delivered 3 as the other one had to come from Chester so I said I would get it delivered to my house and sort it myself, however I made the rash assumption they would have put the locking one back on.

Ho hum

Paul

MonsterMork
Lemon Slice

Postby MonsterMork » January 9th, 2021, 11:30 pm

DrFfybes wrote: I made the rash assumption they would have put the locking one back on.

Ho hum

Paul

:roll: You can't win sometimes, had one in this morning with a nut missing. Haven't moved near Leicester and traded the MR2 in for a scabby old Jazz with knackered rear brakes have you? :lol:

StillThawingOutMork

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » January 10th, 2021, 10:39 am

MonsterMork wrote:
:roll: You can't win sometimes, had one in this morning with a nut missing. Haven't moved near Leicester and traded the MR2 in for a scabby old Jazz with knackered rear brakes have you? :lol:

StillThawingOutMork

Not me - not allowed a Jazz, but apparently I'll get a free one in 12 and a bit years[1]

Paul

[1] Appearances suggest they come with your first month's State Pension.

Mike4
Lemon Half

Postby Mike4 » January 10th, 2021, 12:21 pm

I've been idly wondering about buying a second vehicle for non-business travelling or when my van is playing up.

Looked at a few for sale on the net and one seller had proudly photographed each of the four ally wheels to show what good condition they were in. One of the wheels had only two out of the five wheel nuts (or studs, I think they were) present and holding the wheel on!

Another wheel had only four out of five studs in the photo. Needless to say I didn't enquire about his car....

MonsterMork
Lemon Slice

Postby MonsterMork » February 8th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Well thanks a bunch Mother Nature :x A bracing zero metric degress in the MoT bay today, which is just about tolerable (I am a hardy northern type), but when the snow is blowing in to half way along the ramp it is getting a bit much! :roll:

FrozenPopsicleMork

DrFfybes
Lemon Quarter

Postby DrFfybes » February 8th, 2021, 6:08 pm

MonsterMork wrote:Well thanks a bunch Mother Nature :x A bracing zero metric degress in the MoT bay today, which is just about tolerable (I am a hardy northern type), but when the snow is blowing in to half way along the ramp it is getting a bit much! :roll:

Close the doors - if its MOTs you are doing the emissions tester should tell you if you're killing yourself :)

Paul

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”