Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Motorway Online for selling your car

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
Gaggsy
Lemon Slice

Motorway Online for selling your car

Postby Gaggsy » March 12th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Thought I'd share my recent experience.

A great result selling my 2015 Mercedes E Class.
I contacted Motorway through the internet on Friday 26th Feb and had a valuation back straight away which was 6.5% higher than the part exchange offer I'd had and also 5.3% higher than the most popular car-buying service (although they of course hadn't seen it yet and had a chance to pick it to pieces). The next day I cleaned the car and took some photos using the guides that Motorway sent me. It was nice and sunny so they came out well. After uploading them I shortly received a call from their team. We went through the car's condition and I sent a couple more pictures of a tiny paint chip on the bonnet. The car went into a sale on Monday and sold at more than 4% higher than the valuation. Result! So far so good. The dealer contacted me late the next day and the day after that I sent them copies of all the documents they needed for the car and my ID and bank details so they could transfer payment in due course. Things slowed somewhat after that while I waited for the collecting company's driver to make contact. This final part took a week. The driver arrived and inspected the car thoroughly; the money went into my bank account (in full!); I handed over the documents and keys and waved goodbye to my trusty ride.
All in all a great result for me. There was a slight frustration while waiting for collection because I wanted to get on and buy my replacement car, but I'm aware it's the first week of March and probably their busiest time of year what with new registrations and everybody needing collections due to Covid.
I may have just been lucky that I had the right car and I've looked after it, but I'd certainly recommend giving Motorway a chance to sell your car next time.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”