Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron,jfgw, for Donating to support the site

Update on 'taller' car wanted

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
raybarrow
Lemon Slice

Update on 'taller' car wanted

Postby raybarrow » April 30th, 2023, 9:37 am

Hi Folks,
I had previous posts about a 'taller' more accessible car than my 2011 Fiesta, you drop into the seats and climb back out. We're not getting any younger so have been looking. Some good suggestions on the board but yesterday bought a 2014 Skoda Fabia SE DSG automatic (basically a VW Polo underneath.
It won't be as much fun to drive as the Fiesta but I drive more sedately these days especially having to 'protect' the lane weavers. Test drive comfortable and responsive. Full size spare, no touch screen, no fancy electronics, no keyless entry, 4 cylinders - what's not to like. And suprisingly, a height adjustable passenger seat. With that and the slightly taller stance it's just what we want without being a SUV or MPV. And the boot is big to get Brown Owl's stuff in it!
I like the tech I have at home but I like my cars to be conventional. My only concession was the automatic and I'm impressed with it.

Thanks for all the comments/ideas in the past.
Ray.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”