Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Car Insurance Renewal - Price Increase of 36% - No Changes

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
monabri
Lemon Half

Re: Car Insurance Renewal - Price Increase of 36% - No Changes

Postby monabri » March 18th, 2024, 1:57 pm

I thought I'd get a quote from Direct Line Group.

They turned out to be just over TWICE the price of Aviva and the excess was £150 more.

(Audi A6 - Comp : Full NCD, Clean licence, no accidents in the last 5 years).

I think I will be reviewing my shares in DLG!

88V8
Lemon Half

Postby 88V8 » March 20th, 2024, 6:47 pm

Apologies if this has already been flagged, but did you know that your car may be ratting on you?

It says here in a New York Times article that cars are reporting to their makers on your driving, and the information is then being sold to data brokers who sell it on to insurers.
“The ‘internet of things’ is really intruding into the lives of all Americans,” Senator Markey said in an interview. “If there is now a collusion between automakers and insurance companies using data collected from an unknowing car owner that then raises their insurance rates, that’s, from my perspective, a potential per se violation of Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act.”

Is this happening here? Maybe that's why your insurance has jumped for no reason.
Perhaps.. after all, many owners don't even read the handbook, let alone pages of legalese setting out what car makers may do.

V8 (no 'thing' connected to the internet)

psychodom

Postby psychodom » March 21st, 2024, 9:26 am

I think Direct Line underpriced their policies in recent years, and have been caught out by rising parts and labour costs for repairs.
They are now trying to address this by resetting their premium pricing accordingly.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”