Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Shelford,GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown, for Donating to support the site

Electric cars - BBC

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
airbus330
Lemon Slice

Re: Electric cars - BBC

Postby airbus330 » August 22nd, 2023, 1:15 pm

quelquod wrote:
airbus330 wrote:As far as spinning is concerned, in theory any aircraft can be spun, some are more reluctant than others and will recover from a spin once the aggravating control inputs are removed.

I'm not so sure - when I was doing aerobatic training at my gliding club neither I nor the instructor could enter a spin in the trainer (I'm a bit of a fat b*****d) - just dropped into a spiral dive every time. I guess you mean depending on the CG? One of the single seaters had a warning in the flight manual not to spin it (though I believe you were allowed to recover if you did it accidentally ;)) - maybe worried some of the flying members might detach?

OTT sorry!

Yes, you're right, some airframes are so docile they just don't want to play. But abuse the CoG or asymmetric thrust and even the docile will bite. Some manufacturers have marketed light a/c as unspinable, but the word 'virtually' usually appears somewhere in the literature!

JohnB
Lemon Quarter

Re: Electric cars - BBC

Postby JohnB » September 30th, 2023, 10:23 am

I do hope these insurance horror stories are just an early adopter problem. I don't see any real reason why the instance cost per unit purchase price should be higher for electric cars once the companies get over their wobbles and mechanics understand how batteries work.

However, this average masks bigger increases for electric car owners, according to Confused.com. Its figures, derived from quotes, show that insurance premiums for electric vehicles are 72% – or £402 – higher than this time last year, at a typical £959. Meanwhile, for petrol and diesel car drivers, the increase is 29%, or £192, taking the figure to £848.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/ ... ance-costs

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”