Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

"converting" a Citroen nemo 2 seat mini-van to a mini campervan

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
didds
Lemon Half

"converting" a Citroen nemo 2 seat mini-van to a mini campervan

Postby didds » February 7th, 2024, 9:27 am

Anyone any experience/ideas about potentially converting a Citroen Nemo, 2 seater mini van into a mini camper for use for festivals etc ?

My daughter is considering it as an alternative to tenting it or staying offsite in local hotels etc. I've googled etc and can see various stuff aroudn berlingo's but a berlingo seems a tad bigger etc.

There are no real requirements other than (linmited by necessaity being fair :-) )

a bed for two shortish people (5'9" tallest)
storage* (including bedding during the day)
internal seating and a table (for when the weather is poor :-) )

* a top box thingy may well be the solution here of course

UPDATE: Of course having posted this the very next thing I found was a nemo conversion kit! LOL. though first galnce doesnt make it clear that it would fit the "panel van" layout (versus a rear seated option of a "car" style nemo)

https://www.simplecampervans.com/shop/c ... onversion/

Any experience of "insulating" such vans also of interest - during nice warm summer its not such a problem but a simple metal wall wont offer much in shoulder/cooler summer days. And condensation?

cheers!

didds

Tedx
Lemon Quarter

Re: "converting" a Citroen nemo 2 seat mini-van to a mini campervan

Postby Tedx » February 7th, 2024, 10:36 am

My VW Caddy Maxi has been converted to a 'metal tent'.

There's loads of videos & tutorials on youtube.

Mine's had sound deadening material, as well as insulation and carpeting. I have a fairly simple fold out bed and a seating row from a Mazda Bongo in the back. I also have a very comfy folding 4 inch thick memory foam mattress and/or an inflatable mattress, depending on space requirements.

Re: Condensation. Ventialtion is a must or the condensation will rot the van from the inside. We have a window fitted in the rear sliding door with a midge screen to keep the beasties out. We also have those driver/passenger deflectors on the front doors - many people crack the windows open and the defectors hide the fact that the windows are open and stop the rain from coming in.You can get insect nets cheap from Amazon etc for screening the front windows. We also have an insulated windscreen cover for front of van privacy. The CaddyM is a bit bigger then the Nemo, so we rarely use it.

Power solutions are much improved these days witht advent of power stations. Folk used to fit leisure batteries etc, but we just have a 500w Bluetti which has multiple sockets and plugs. It lasts for ages and charges of the van when your travelling. Same with lighting. We have USB rechargeable LED magnetic lighting units - also handy if you have to go outside the van in the pitch dark because they stick to the outer van body.

Heating? Well there's alway the option of running the engine for a bit. I also have a 120w demister/heater and an 80w greenhouse heater. The Bluetti runs them both. In such a small space, it warms up in no time. I'd avoid diesel heaters and definitely avoid gas heaters.

We have a small gas stove for heating water etc, but its in a box and only taken out when needed. Most times we just buy a takeaway or eat out. I think it was Argos we got a 5l foldable water carrier from. Handy to have.

Entertainment? I have a adjustable arm on the ceiling that can take my mobile phone or a tethered tablet. I have a decent data package, so loads of movies, shows, live football etc.

When I was looking for the van I did look at folding camp beds, folding camping tables and chairs etc. So its an option.

Finally, make sure she can lie down in it! nemos are wee vans!

Ooh and it the only way out is through the back door, you might need to fit a strap to the inner locking mechanism so you can open it from the inside. Also, for security, make sure it centrally locks from the inside without triggering alarms.

Solar showers are great when the weather is warm. The missus just puts it on the roof before she goes running.

Cargo nets on the ceiling are great for storing keys, phones, wallets etc when you shut down for the night.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”