Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Engine oil extractor pump

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
teecee90
2 Lemon pips

Re: Engine oil extractor pump

Postby teecee90 » January 25th, 2018, 12:42 pm

DrFfybes wrote:
teecee90 wrote:Depends on the car. I always use the pump method and it removes all the oil in my car. Oil and filter changes every 6k miles. Car is now on 193k miles and still going strong.

Just out of interest, what is the recommended interval in your car?

Most car these days have 12-20k service intervals, even my 1990s Toyota had 9k intervals.

If you're changing the oil every 6k then it probably doesn't matter if a bit is left anyway.

Paul

Recommended interval is 12,500 miles or 12 months.

My wife's Mini has condition based servicing and didn't get its first oil change until 36k miles. I would never leave an oil change that long. Oil and filters are relatively cheap, engine repairs are not.

mearnsfool
2 Lemon pips

Re: Engine oil extractor pump

Postby mearnsfool » March 16th, 2018, 9:47 pm

If you look at the majority of engine technical data the engine oil first fill is always about 0.3 litres more than the when you do an oil and filter change.

The vast majority of sumps I have seen with a side oil drain plug have a lower drain hole say 5mm above the floor of the sump. You will always get some oil left in the engine no matter if you drain or suction in an engine that allows a suction pump into the sump.

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”