Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Car Park Shunt

Passion, instruction, buying, care, maintenance and more, any form of vehicle discussion is welcome here
Clitheroekid
Lemon Quarter

Re: Car Park Shunt

Postby Clitheroekid » January 30th, 2018, 8:15 pm

Snorvey wrote:.....You can't just drive off like that though eh? Or now it's getting sorted out, should that be the end of it?

Au contraire, she's proved fairly conclusively that you can just drive off like that!

I don't see that there's much else that could be usefully done. It's appalling behaviour, but If your colleague tries to involve the Plod they won't be interested, and will simply say it's a civil matter.

And as liability's been admitted and your colleague will be compensated in full what more, realistically, does he want?

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » January 31st, 2018, 5:47 pm

I also think the OPs friend got lucky that the employer was "bothered". (no idea who that employer is of course - if somebody like the police force that
may be different!)

It wouldn't surprise me at all if most employers took the view of "its not our business". And on the whole - it wouldn't be.

That said I'm deleighted that things have worked out OK.

meanwhile ..
http://www.nopenaltypoints.co.uk/legal- ... ident.html

It does seem that the other party did do this. though they also have up to 24 hours to inform the police - so there's a get out for them p[ossibly if they were reported and the police did follow it up. Though the exscuse for doing so would need to be pretty convincing.

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 1st, 2018, 10:28 am

... that all said aside from "an easy nick" if that motivates the modern police force, I wouldn't imagine the police being overly concerned possibly

didds

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 1st, 2018, 10:28 am

... that all said aside from "an easy nick" if that motivates the modern police force, I wouldn't imagine the police being overly concerned possibly

didds

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » February 1st, 2018, 12:01 pm

didds wrote:... that all said aside from "an easy nick" if that motivates the modern police force, I wouldn't imagine the police being overly concerned possibly

How true, how very true. But sadly not new. It's been more than 30 years since my brand new car had its roof stoved in by somebody who decided to dance up and down on its roof. And all the police could say was "hey, kids eh?", and give me a crime number.

It didn't take long before we discovered that the pub at the end of the road was the only place in town that was still serving people who had been banned from everywhere else in Bath. I pointed this out to the plods, suggesting that they should make the occasional after-hours patrol, and they declined. It wasn't a priority, they said. Thanks guys, I felt really reassured.

Anyway, that's by the by. Glad this thing is being sorted, and +1 to the employer.

BJ

Maroochydore
Lemon Slice

Postby Maroochydore » February 1st, 2018, 3:00 pm

didds wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if most employers took the view of "its not our business". And on the whole - it wouldn't be.

For the friend to be able to track the employer I'm assuming the car/van was sign-written and was therefore a company vehicle. In which case it would be the company's business as the vehicle would be on a company insurance policy.

didds
Lemon Half

Postby didds » February 1st, 2018, 3:54 pm

Good point !

Return to “Cars, Driving, Motorbikes or any Transport”