Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh, for Donating to support the site

Chelsea

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
oldapple
2 Lemon pips

Chelsea

Postby oldapple » May 25th, 2019, 2:07 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48360092

While looking at that unbelievable photo of the queue to the top of Everest, I came across the above article by Will Gompertz on his first visit to Chelsea . Although I haven't read it all yet, it looks entertaining at least - here's a little flavour to tempt some of you (!), but it isn't all like that.

"The future Queen is now something of an old hand, whereas I arrived for the press view on Monday as a Chelsea Flower Show virgin. My innocence was clearly obvious. I was barely in and still fumbling my way around when a smartly dressed middle-aged man with an impeccable side parting pulled me aside to tell me all about the birds and the bees.
I thought this was ground I had covered, what with four grown-up children and all, but I was wrong. I had no idea - for example - that shags were under threat, or of the problems associated with the common thrush. But I quickly learnt that both are on the RSPB's Red List of endangered bird species native to Britain."

Tickets to my garden are just a bit cheaper, but it's full of birds and bees.

Return to “The Natural World”