Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Wasron,jfgw,Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly, for Donating to support the site

Greenhouse problems.

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
sg31
Lemon Quarter

Greenhouse problems.

Postby sg31 » March 23rd, 2020, 6:22 pm

Last year I had some problems in my greenhouse, I'd appreciate some advice.

White fly, never had a problem before. O K I've only had the greenhouse for 4 years but even so last year was the first with this pest. I think the compost bins might be the culprit. I've seen whitefly around the compost bins. I think I will move them well away. I treat with soap and water which seemed to keep the problem down. Am I taking the right action.

Tomato Blight. I seem to get this to some extent late in the season. I get good crops but the leaves get black blotches and I think it ends the season earlier than it should. I don't know the answer other than rip out the infected plants which would mean all of them. Any advice?

Powdery mildew. I had a bad problem wuth this last year, again late in the season. I understand a 5% vinegar solution is a good treatment. To try to reduce the problem I'm trying to deep clean the greenhouse and then will spray everything with vinegar solution to try to kill the spores. Realistically it's impossible to get sterile conditions in the greenhouse. Any sign of infection will get sprayed quickly. Any other advice,

Am I doing enough, what more can I do?

Return to “The Natural World”