Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

Favourite pet foods

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
PinkDalek
Lemon Half

Re: Favourite pet foods

Postby PinkDalek » April 4th, 2021, 6:37 pm

88V8 wrote:Part 2... have you ever tried pet food? Any recipes?

No recipes as not the type of pet food you envisage but, as a young kid, I sampled:

Bonios - pretty much tasteless.

Smaller dog biscuits - I particularly liked the charcoal ones, they seem to be described as cobs.

Some even smaller treats - can't remember the name but I liked the white ones as they had a sweet taste to them.

My favourite pet treats were Good Boy chocolate drops!

Not to be recommended of course, as different health regulations apply to pet food, as against food for human consumption, although some manufacturers nowadays will say if their products are said to be fit for humans.

I did sample cooked dog food, as our then dog was fed on lamb shin, but that was merely a cheaper cut from the local butcher.

bungeejumper
Lemon Half

Postby bungeejumper » April 5th, 2021, 11:22 am

PinkDalek wrote:I did sample cooked dog food, as our then dog was fed on lamb shin, but that was merely a cheaper cut from the local butcher.

Ah, but that's cheating. One year we bought a Christmas leftover turkey (frozen) for the cats, since the supermarkets were selling them off at desperate shop-clearance prices. It was really rather good of them not to mind that we scoffed the breast meat. :D

BJ

Rhyd6
Lemon Quarter

Postby Rhyd6 » April 6th, 2021, 4:52 pm

I remember in the dim and distant past when I worked at The Dept. of Employment interviewing a pet food salesmen. He told me that all salesmen were required to open a tin of dog food and eat it in front of the customers to prove it was as good and up to standard as tinned food you'd buy for yourself.
Must say Chappie or Whiskas on toast has never appealed.

R6

Return to “The Natural World”