Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to GrahamPlatt,gpadsa,Steffers0,lansdown,Wasron, for Donating to support the site

The screech of and eagle...

wildlife, gardening, environment, Rural living, Pets and Vets
Tedx
Lemon Quarter

The screech of and eagle...

Postby Tedx » August 28th, 2023, 2:25 pm

I kinda got a bit lost while out for a wander up country yesterday (a few pics coming soon).

Anyway, I was ambling along on some high moorland with nothing but a herd of deer running in the far distance for company

It was a calm day with the usual intermittent light drizzle in the air when suddenly I heard the piercing screech of an eagle (Golden, probably) overhead. I looked up and there he/she was - circling - quite a way up so pics were useless - but honestly the sight and the sound sent a chill down your spine. A real apex predator in action, in the wild. I continued to watch it for at least 10 more minutes as it circled it's way down the glen. It only called out twice more which made it even more special.

That sound....man ...when you hear it in real life in a Scottish glen you'll never forget it

Ok, so it sounds like I had a bit of an epiphany and I apologise for getting a wee bit emotional....but it really was that powerful.

kiloran
Lemon Quarter

Re: The screech of and eagle...

Postby kiloran » August 28th, 2023, 4:34 pm

I understand your reaction. I had a similar experience while walking up Bynack More in the Cairngorms many years ago. Impressive sound

--kiloran

Return to “The Natural World”