Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

Tesco

Alderpoint

Tesco

Postby Alderpoint » November 7th, 2016, 10:20 pm

So what happened? That number of accounts in a weekend would suggest it's not normal hacking.

zagabog

Re: Tesco

Postby zagabog » November 7th, 2016, 11:24 pm

Its difficult to define "Normal Hacking". It definitely looks like a well planned crime, carried out over a weekend when there are likely less IT resources to notice or deal with the problem. It will probably be due to internal leakage of information or a site vulnerability. Convenient online banking and absolute security is very difficult to achieve. Lets hope that there will be a sensible disclosure of what happened once the situation is properly secured so that the exploit is not left open for other institutions (and their customers/clients) to suffer.

Despite all the headline publicity about the share price moving down, it doesn't look to me to be an opportunity to buy into Tesco for a bounce back profit.

Holts
2 Lemon pips

Re: Tesco

Postby Holts » November 8th, 2016, 8:37 am

I wondered if there was any connection between the tesco club card voucher robbery and this , someone utilising their internal knowledge , I appreciate they are seperate entities , just co incidence ?

Return to “Banking Sector”