Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34,Anonymous, for Donating to support the site

Bye Bye Dodd-Frank

youfoolishboy
2 Lemon pips

Bye Bye Dodd-Frank

Postby youfoolishboy » February 3rd, 2017, 12:14 pm

http://www.cityam.com/258385/bank-share ... viser-gary
Bank shares have risen on news Donald Trump will today roll back Dodd-Frank banking regulation, according to a senior member of the US President’s administration.

And an article written before this announcement signalling the possible consequences of this

Clamour for a quick-fire Brexit will grow if Trump abolishes Dodd-Frank
http://www.cityam.com/255496/clamour-qu ... ishes-dodd

Certainly life is going to be very interesting in the banking sector in the next 2 years.

Wizard
Lemon Quarter

Re: Bye Bye Dodd-Frank

Postby Wizard » February 3rd, 2017, 1:05 pm

If he does just sweep it away as part of a general cull of financial sector regulation I will think carefully about selling all my banking sector investments. Yes, it may mean great profit opportunity, but I spent a decade working in an investment bank and in general terms the hubris of many still drawn to banking will ultimately lead to another banking disaster if there is not heavy regulation in place.

Terry.

youfoolishboy
2 Lemon pips

Re: Bye Bye Dodd-Frank

Postby youfoolishboy » February 3rd, 2017, 1:14 pm

I agree potential problems in the future short term however profits are probable. Personally I will reduce my holdings as well as the last crash taught me a lot.
Bigger issues as well on the Brexit negotiations as New York steals London's lunch whilst they waste time trying to negotiate a soft exit for the banking sector with the EU. The second actually earleir article suggests it may provoke UK banking sector to cut and run from EU causing a lot of waves in and out of EU.
Interesting times.

Return to “Banking Sector”