Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva,scotia,Anonymous,Cornytiv34, for Donating to support the site

RSB prefs redeemed; now what?

Midsmartin
Lemon Slice

RSB prefs redeemed; now what?

Postby Midsmartin » September 10th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Thanks to taking Foolish tips in the spring of 2009 I've just had a chunk of RBS-L prefs redeemed - reducing my income a bit, and giving me a taxable capital gain as well.

So first - thank you to those who first discussed these years ago - if you are still on these boards. I owe you a beer.

I'm wondering what to do with the cash. Investing in shares in a sense is easy (I like picking shares.. no comment on my skill though).
I feel I should keep them in fixed interest though, but nothing is jumping out at present, and it's well outside my area of expertise - so perhaps some sort of bond ETF would be dull but more appropriate. I'd really like it to be index linked, but linkers look so expensive. Maybe I'll add a bit to my NWBD.

Sorry of this is tending towards off topic in the banking board - my main purpose was to say thank you to those who alerted me to the RBS prefs. You've not been forgotten!

hiriskpaul
Lemon Quarter

Re: RSB prefs redeemed; now what?

Postby hiriskpaul » September 18th, 2017, 3:24 pm

The days of all the USD bank prefs are numbered. You could try Deutsche Bank DKT. Similar to the RBS USD preferreds, coupon 8.05%, payable quarterly at the end of March, June, September and December, par vale $25. First call date is end June 2018, so could disappear then.

Return to “Banking Sector”