Remove ads

Introducing the LemonFools Personal Finance Calculators

Deadpool 2

Snorvey
Lemon Quarter

Deadpool 2

Postby Snorvey » May 16th, 2018, 8:46 am

When I first saw it, I didn't like the original Deadpool movie. I just don't think I got Deadpool in a world of Tony Stark's Iron Man, Spiderman, Captain America Ant Man and all the rest.

After catching sections of it now and again on Sky though and finally watching it in full a second time, I loved it.

So I was really looking forward to Deadpool 2.

And....well it's alright. Maybe a bit better than alright. Ryan Reynolds is still his same old wisecracking Deadpool self, but there's very little else characterwise. Josh Brolin is a reasonable bad guy I guess, but there a few other stand out roles in the film (unlike the first one which had a greater range of characters in my opinion)

Ach, who am I kidding. It's just another Marvel superhero punch up, but with swear words. Who cares about character development. This is about Reynolds, wisecracks, violent injuries (and there are some that will make you wince) and equally violent deaths. All delivered with a series of glib one liners.

SnorveyRating 7/10

[Edit] And despite the cinema having a fancy all-around-the-room sound system, it was ocassionally difficult to catch all of Reynolds quick fire babbling (and the missus agreed with me). Not a problem with the original Deadpool watching it at home, so maybe it was just our particular cinema. Either way, it's worth bearing in mind.

JMN2
Lemon Quarter

Re: Deadpool 2

Postby JMN2 » May 17th, 2018, 4:39 pm

For a while I was confused, was thinking of The Dead Pool (dirty harry)..."Only with humans"

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”