Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Traitors

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
XFool
The full Lemon

Traitors

Postby XFool » March 17th, 2019, 10:19 pm

Just finished watching latest episode of Traitors on C4. It doesn't really matter if you haven't seen it or know the plot:

It is England in 1946. Feef has come to understand her ex lover was killed by the American, Rowe, who is running her as a spy in the UK cabinet office. Her target in the cabinet office, Feef's boss who is an agent for the Soviets, has realised Feef is on to her and threatens her with serious consequences if anything should happen to her, leading in turn to the Russian running her to plan on doing away with Feef.

Feef, wanting to break free from her role, is blackmailed to continue by Rowe, who has compromising photographs of Feef's homosexual brother. In desperation, in a meeting with Rowe on a bridge Feef gets into the car and runs down Rowe killing him. She and the chauffeur dispose of Rowe's body in the Thames.

At the end of the programme: "If you have been affected by any of the issues in this programme you can ring..."

WTF?! :shock:

rivershiven

Re: Traitors

Postby rivershiven » March 18th, 2019, 8:54 pm

You forgot the GI self harming by slashing his forearm with a razor blade!

todthedog
Lemon Slice

Postby todthedog » March 19th, 2019, 6:46 am

Did n't make it to the end of the first episode!
Enough said ;)

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 19th, 2019, 10:22 pm

rivershiven wrote:You forgot the GI self harming by slashing his forearm with a razor blade!

Yep. I guess I overlooked that, in all the excitement...

I also forgot to mention that the driver (GI) helped in disposing of Rowe's body in the same manner as he had previously helped Rowe to dispose of the body of Feef's lover following Rowe's murdering him after he had threatened to reveal to his superiors Rowe's maverick activities in going after a possible mole in the UK government - using Feef to do so - expressly against contemporary US government policy of operations against an ally.

I know I lead a pretty dull life, but who on earth could possibly need phone line advice on such "issues"? :shock:

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 24th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Final episode just finished.

...Well, that was fun. :lol:

Yet another: "If you've been affected by any of the issues..." :shock: :lol:

XFool
The full Lemon

Postby XFool » March 24th, 2019, 10:26 pm

XFool wrote:Yet another: "If you've been affected by any of the issues..." :shock: :lol:

Should I ring up and say:
"Please, where can I get help? I have just been beaten up and almost raped by the Russian handler of the UK cabinet mole whose home I was in following me now operating for MI5/MI6 as a double agent in an operation against both the Russians and the Americans. Fortunately(?) the moles' senescent dad saved me by beating the Russian to death - presumably thinking he was attacking a Hun on the Western Front. OK I subsequently pushed the woman, who was the mole, downstairs breaking her leg so rendering it impossible for her continue to look after her dad - leaving aside the long prison sentence she will be up for - so causing her to kill her dad and try to kill herself..."

Or should I say:
"Please, where can I get help? Due to my now working for the UK intelligence services, after having been found out working for the Americans and murdering one of them, I have had to break off a relationship with a man who wanted to marry me?"

Or should I say:
"Please, where can I get help? I've just helped dynamite a ship transporting Jews to Israel in an operation by British Intelligence to help keep the Arabs on side - while blaming the Russians - due to the importance to the UK economy of vital oil interests in Palestine."

Decisions, decision... :)

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”