Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to Rhyd6,eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77, for Donating to support the site

Person of Interest - Freevee

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
pje16
Lemon Half

Person of Interest - Freevee

Postby pje16 » May 23rd, 2022, 6:42 pm

What is Freevee
Unti lrecently is was called IMDb TV (you get if free as part of Amazon Prime)
anyway back to the show

An ex-CIA agent teams up with a reclusive billionaire to use this machine and stop crime. The first season, although sloppy and repetitive, gives an important backstory behind the characters and the machine itself.

Season 2 delivers stunning dramatic episodes to develop the show’s main plot. Season 3 builds up a huge story arc, with a nice blend of humour and action. Season 4 has some of the best writing I’ve ever seen in a show, and season 5 concludes the story, deepening the characters you’ll come to know and love.
That review from Rotten Tomatoes

In fight scenes the CiA agent, John Reese makes James Bond look an amateur

I am onto series 1 episode three, so my viewing is sorted out for the next few weeks

SalvorHardin
Lemon Quarter

Re: Person of Interest - Freevee

Postby SalvorHardin » May 23rd, 2022, 7:36 pm

I saw it a few years ago and can highly recommend it. It has a proper ending because the producers were told beforehand that series five was going to be the final series.

The plot is that an extremely wealthy computer genius created an artificial intelligence ("The Machine") for the US Government, which taps into all sorts of information sources (including CCTV cameras, your mobile phone, computers and TV broadcasts), and uses this information to predict terrorist attacks which the government stops.

The Machine can also predict who is going to either be murdered or commit a murder (it's unsure if they are the killer or the victim) though the government isn't interested in stopping these deaths.

He goes into hiding (the government is hunting him) and tries to prevent these murders using his limited access to The Machine, his wealth and people he hires. Like many shows, it really gets going in series two.

As regards Reese (the ex-CIA agent) vs James Bond, I'd say Reese just about beats James Bond, but no-one beats John Wick :D

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”