Donate to Remove ads

Got a credit card? use our Credit Card & Finance Calculators

Thanks to eyeball08,Wondergirly,bofh,johnstevens77,Bhoddhisatva, for Donating to support the site

The Split. BBC

Reviews, favourites and suggestions
nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

The Split. BBC

Postby nimnarb » May 4th, 2018, 9:40 pm

A leading divorce lawyer leaves the family firm for a rival, throwing her relationships into turmoil in the process. Just seen the first two episodes. Well worth a watch so far.

forrado
2 Lemon pips

Re: The Split. BBC

Postby forrado » May 17th, 2018, 3:47 pm

I've been following this six-part drama on the BBC. With two episodes remaining we're now getting down to the nitty gritty. I particularly like the pairing of Stephen Mangan and Nicola Walker as husband and wife lawyers. Mangan handling the comedic aspects of the partnership while Walker does the drama. However, I'm not entirely sold on the performances of melancholic Stephen Tompkinson and his wronged other half Meera Syal as the recurring warring couple going through an acrimonious divorce. They seem miscast to me.

nimnarb
Lemon Quarter

Re: The Split. BBC

Postby nimnarb » May 30th, 2018, 2:16 am

This has been a brilliant series, one of the best I have seen for a long time and if you haven't seen this, you are missing out. Just seen the last episode and I hope this will not be the last. Yes, I also agree on certain miscasting here, quite a bit in fact. However, the overall acting performances were splendid and without giving anything away, I also thought this was unintentionally hysterical in places, particularly the incident with the vicar..............and the ending so "brief encounterish"

Anyone else into this?

Return to “Music, Theatre, TV and Film”